Happy Sunday! Today’s #SundaySupper theme is garden recipes. I was thrilled when I found out what this weeks theme was going to be. I love growing fresh herbs in the summer and using them in my recipes. They really brighten a dish. I made red potato and grilled corn salad with a chipotle lime vinaigrette for this week’s #SundaySupper. It’s perfect for summer picnics, barbecues, and deck parties. Not only is this salad delicious, it’s healthy. There is no mayo in this salad.
This salad is full of fresh garden ingredients: red potatoes, radishes, grilled sweet corn, scallions, and fresh cilantro.
The vinaigrette that tops the salad is amazing. It’s made with spicy chipotles, tart limes, and sweet honey. Sweet, tart, and spicy is my favorite combination.
This salad is extremely easy to throw together. That’s what I love about. If you have a last minute party to attend, don’t worry, this salad can be made in 15 minutes.
Check out the other garden recipes that my fellow foodie friends are cookin’ up for this weeks #SundaySupper:
Cocktails and Wine Pairings:
- Lemon Parsley Cocktail Magnolia Days
- Tangerine Thyme Fizz Cocktail An Appealing Plan
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Wine; Herb and Wine Pairing Charts Wine Every Day
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers Supper for a Steal
- Garden Salsa Chocolate Moosey
- Herb Party Vegetable Gratin Val’s Food and or Art
- High Fiber Zucchini Mint Lentil Fritters Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Zucchini Corn Fritters Mrs. Mama Hen
- Tarragon Chicken Lovely Pantry
- Asparagus Souffle The Daily Dish Recipes
- Mediterranean Style Meatloaf The Meltaways
- Chicken Bruschetta Family Foodie
- Spring Herbs and Green Tortilla de Patata Les recettes de Lorette
- Zucchini Lasagne From My Corner of Saratoga
- German Home Fries and Herbed Quark Dip The German Foodie
- Scallion Pancakes Teeny Tiny Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet and Spicy Brussel Sprouts Juanita’s Cocina
- Pink Peppercorn Pavlova with Strawberry and Basil Syrup The Primlani Kitchen
- Meyer Lemon Bars That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote Cookistry
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
1 lb. red potatoes, scrubbed and chunked into 1-inch cubes
3 ears fresh corn, husked
6 radishes, thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbs. fresh lime juice
2 tbs. chipotle in adobo (I keep a bowl in my fridge already chopped and ready to use)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup light olive oil
4 tsp. honey
pinch of cayenne
salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When the water begins to boil, add some salt to flavor the potatoes, about 1/4 cup. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife or fork, about 15 minutes. When the potatoes are tender, drain and rinse with cold water. Add potatoes to a large bowl.
While the potatoes are cooking, preheat a gas or charcoal grill (feel free to use an indoor grill). Drizzle corn with olive oil and salt and pepper. Cook the corn directly over the heat until the kernels are brown all over, turning often, about 8 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels off the cob. Add corn, scallions, radishes, and cilantro to the bowl with the cooked potatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, chipotle in adobo, garlic, honey, and cayenne. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour vinaigrette over potato mixture. Toss to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!