It’s Sunday, so gather up your family because today we’re celebrating #SundaySupper with July 4th recipes. I’m getting ready for backyard barbecues, fireworks, sparklers, and fun times with the family.
I made caramel stuffed snicker doodle cupcakes for the 4th, and they are out-of-this-world AMAZING!
I took these cupcakes to my brother’s girlfriend’s graduation party, and they were a huge hit. I made 24 cupcakes and they were gone within 45 minutes. I had people hovering over me as soon as I sat the cupcake container on the table. All I saw were arms coming at me from every direction, snagging cupcake after cupcake. Needless to say, the guests didn’t waste any time. I suppose they were hungry for cupcakes!
The cupcakes get filled with caramel and topped with a vanilla whipped frosting.
I drizzled the top with a little caramel to fancy it up a bit.
Enjoy your holiday around the family picnic table with loved ones!
Don’t forget to check out what the other #SundaySupper foodies are making for the 4th of July:
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Juicy Lucy’s with Blueberry Ketchup! by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
Salads and Sides:
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad The Meltaways
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Red/white/blue German Obstkuchen (fruit-topped cake) German Foodie
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Apple Pie Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
- Red White and Blue Triffle Cravings of a Lunatic
Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
adapted by Martha Stewart
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tbs. ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk, room temperature
1 recipe caramel
1 recipe whipped vanilla frosting, recipe follows
Preheat ovem to 350 degrees F. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners.
In a medium-sized bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed (I use a kitchen-aid on speed 4), cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scrapping the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk, and beating until combined after each addition.
Divide batter evenly among the lined cups with an ice cream scoop, filling each cup until it’s about 3/4 of the way full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
Transfer tins to wire racks and let cool for 10 minutes in the pans before removing, and allow them to the cool completely on wire racks.
Whipped Vanilla Frosting
adapted by Sweetopolita
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
2 tbs. milk
1 tbs. vanilla extract
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed for 6 minutes until pale and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla and beat for another minute. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a Wilton 1M tip.
Using a teaspoon, remove a 1-inch hole from the center of each cupcake. Use a teaspoon to fill each cupcake with a dollop of caramel. Pipe over the caramel filling with the vanilla whipped frosting. Using a fork, drizzle caramel over each cupcake. Enjoy!