Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cupcakes ~ #SundaySupper

It’s Sunday, so gather up your family because today we’re celebrating #SundaySupper with July 4th recipes. I’m getting ready for backyard barbecues, fireworks, sparklers, and fun times with the family.

I made caramel stuffed snicker doodle cupcakes for the 4th, and they are out-of-this-world AMAZING!

I took these cupcakes to my brother’s girlfriend’s graduation party, and they were a huge hit. I made 24 cupcakes and they were gone within 45 minutes. I had people hovering over me as soon as I sat the cupcake container on the table. All I saw were arms coming at me from every direction, snagging cupcake after cupcake. Needless to say, the guests didn’t waste any time. I suppose they were hungry for cupcakes!

The cupcakes get filled with caramel and topped with a vanilla whipped frosting.

I drizzled the top with a little caramel to fancy it up a bit.

Enjoy your holiday around the family picnic table with loved ones!

Don’t forget to check out what the other #SundaySupper foodies are making for the 4th of July:

Main Dishes:

1 3/4 cups sugar

4 large eggs, room temperature

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 1/4 cups milk, room temperature

1 recipe caramel

1 recipe whipped vanilla frosting, recipe follows

Preheat ovem to 350 degrees F. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners.

In a medium-sized bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.

In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed (I use a kitchen-aid on speed 4), cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scrapping the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk, and beating until combined after each addition.

Divide batter evenly among the lined cups with an ice cream scoop, filling each cup until it’s about 3/4 of the way full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.

Transfer tins to wire racks and let cool for 10 minutes in the pans before removing, and allow them to the cool completely on wire racks.

Whipped Vanilla Frosting

adapted by Sweetopolita

3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature

3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted

2 tbs. milk

1 tbs. vanilla extract

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed for 6 minutes until pale and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla and beat for another minute. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a Wilton 1M tip.

To Assemble:

Using a teaspoon, remove a 1-inch hole from the center of each cupcake. Use a teaspoon to fill each cupcake with a dollop of caramel. Pipe over the caramel filling with the vanilla whipped frosting. Using a fork, drizzle caramel over each cupcake. Enjoy!

62 Responses to “Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cupcakes ~ #SundaySupper”

Cindys Recipes — July 1, 2012 at 9:17 am

Carmel oooooh! Love it, Jennie!

Susan — July 1, 2012 at 9:31 am

Oh I love caramel, so I bet these are great stuffed inside cupcakes! Yum!

Renee — July 1, 2012 at 9:35 am

Caramel in snickerdoodle cupcakes – beyond yummy! What a great recipe.

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes — July 1, 2012 at 9:51 am

I never tried snickerdoodles but since I love caramel, these might be the perfect recipe. They look delectable!

Amber — July 1, 2012 at 10:10 am

I couldn’t wait to read this! I have to make these — caramel and I are BFF’s. Thank you for sharing such a delicious post!

Tora Estep — July 1, 2012 at 10:25 am

These just look insanely delicious, and I love the three-ingredient caramel sauce.

Soni — July 1, 2012 at 10:28 am

Gorgeous!!Love everything about these cupcakes and I’m not surprised that your guests wanted them so badly :)

Mama F — July 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm

OMG. I think my eyes just died and went to heaven. And my tummy is jealous. It wants to die too. Death by cupcakes. Yes please.

Kim @Treats & Trinkets — July 1, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Ohmigoodness Jennie. Those sound illegal. And by illegal, I mean, so good they should be. Cinnamon and caramel are two of my favorite things ever, and you’ve *combined* them. In a *cupcake.* I think I’m in love.

Jen @ Juanita's Cocina — July 1, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Whaaa?? My favorite cookie in cupcake form?

We were meant to be best friends.

Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook) — July 1, 2012 at 2:43 pm

gorgeous cupcakes Jennie! these sound so super delicious!

Laura Hunter — July 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm

My favourite cookies are snicker doodles so I think I just found my new obsession.

Katy — July 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Wow, these look scrumptious! No wonder they went so fast – and filling them with caramel is a great idea – must try :)

Andrea Fuentes — July 1, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Those look SOOO scrumptious that I am going to try them this week!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — July 1, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I want one of these right now! I love the cinnamon and caramel together!

Laura @ Family Spice — July 1, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Snickerdoodle cupcakes? AWESOME!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — July 1, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Love this! This seriously might be the best cupcake recipe I’ve come across! And your cupcake plate is absolutely adorable.

diabeticFoodie — July 1, 2012 at 8:37 pm

My husband would LOVE these cupcakes.

megan @ whatmegansmaking — July 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm

You totally sold me on these – I can’t wait to try them! They are pinned to my recipe board as well – thanks for the idea! :)

Tania @ A Perfect Pantry — July 1, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Oh I love snickerdoodles… I make them every few weeks for hubby, so these cupcakes are going to be a huge hit. I’m going to make them tomorrow and take them into the office too:) If they last.

Choc Chip Uru — July 2, 2012 at 4:12 am

I feel a little let down by your choice of words my friend, these cupcakes are more than out-of-this-world, more like OUT OF THIS UNIVERSE :D
    They are going to behaunting dreams, believe me, they are actually perfect :D

Patti — July 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

This is a classic turned into something amazing! Great photos!

Sarah — July 2, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Yum – caramel with cake is an unbeatable combination!

Kim Bee — July 3, 2012 at 12:03 am

These are gorgeous. I think anyone who had a plate of these in front of them would want to eat them all and not just have one. Plus they are super pretty.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — July 3, 2012 at 9:03 am

These sound awesome, Jennie!! I love how you filled them with caramel!

Kelly — July 3, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Ohh yummy, these look incredible! :)

Emily @ Life on Food — July 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Oh yum! I love cinnamon and caramel. I would easily convince myself that I could have one for breakfast and dessert.

Steph@stephsbitebybite — July 3, 2012 at 1:17 pm

These sound so fabulous!! Caramel filling has me drooling!

Lane @ Supper for a Steal — July 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Sounds delicious!

Amy @ fragrantvanillacake — July 3, 2012 at 8:03 pm

These cupcakes sound amazing! Snickerdoodles married with caramel cupcakes would be heavenly! Happy fourth to you :)!

Katherine Martinelli — July 4, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Say what?! These look so awesome!!! I love this idea and can’t wait to try.

• Jennie replied July 6th, 2012 at 8:22 am

Thanks, Katherine!

cj — July 5, 2012 at 1:32 am

Whoa … these look super tasty … no wonder they were gone in no time :)

• Jennie replied July 6th, 2012 at 8:14 am

Thanks, CJ! If you could have seen the guests reactions to my cupcakes, you would have thought the they never saw a cupcake in their lives.

ellenbcookery — July 5, 2012 at 7:48 am

These look so sinfully delicious!

• Jennie replied July 6th, 2012 at 8:12 am

Thanks, Ellen. They were sinful, indeed :)

Bob R — July 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm

My mom used to make snicker-doodles when I was a kid and I still love them. I love caramel too so this seems like a great treat. I may not like much, but I do love my sweets.

• Jennie replied July 6th, 2012 at 8:10 am

I. Love. Sweets! If you’re gonna love something, it may as well be sweets. Thanks for visiting, Bob!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — July 5, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I love snickerdoodle cookies and I think I would like it even better in cupcake form!

• Jennie replied July 6th, 2012 at 8:09 am

Steph, they tasted just like their cookie counterpart, except better because they were stuffed with gooey caramel.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — July 6, 2012 at 7:42 am

What a creative flavor combination (and so beautiful)! My mom, particularly, would go gaga for these!!

• Jennie replied July 6th, 2012 at 8:07 am

Thanks, Kayle!

Emily @ She Makes and Bakes — July 9, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Yum! Love the addition of caramel!

1. Pingback: Tomato and Mozzarella Easy Appetizer

2. Pingback: Roasted (or Grilled!) Asparagus

3. Pingback: Celebrating Fourth of July with Family and Friends

4. Pingback: #SundaySupper Mini Carrot Cakes | Mama's Blissful Bites

5. Pingback: Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables for 4th of July #SundaySupper « Diabetic Foodie

6. Pingback: Small Wallet Big Appetite » Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce #SundaySupper

7. Pingback: Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs #SundaySupper

8. Pingback: Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken #SundaySupper | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

9. Pingback: Red Velvet Brownies for #SundaySupper | Magnolia Days

10. Pingback: Strawberries & Cream Cake for 4th of July #SundaySupper

11. Pingback: Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza’s for #SundaySupper « Momma's Meals

12. Pingback: Sweet ‘n Tender Crockpot Brisket ~ #SundaySupper for the 4th of July! | Juanita's Cocina

13. Pingback: Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

14. Pingback: Treat-Size Plum and Apple Pies for #SundaySupper | Happy Baking Days

15. Pingback: #SundaySupper – Celebrating Independence Day with Family, Friends, Food and Wine! « ENOFYLZ

16. Pingback: #SundaySupper: Juicy Lucy and Blueberry Ketchup | Pippi's in the Kitchen Again

17. Pingback: Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza’s for #SundaySupper |

18. Pingback: Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw | Soni's Food for Thought

19. Pingback: Red, White and Blue Cake with Berries, Coconut and Rum for #SundaySupperFamily Spice