Back to School Peach Clafoutis ~ #SundaySupper

It’s Sunday, and you know what that means… #SundaySupper! Today we’re celebrating #SundaySupper with back to school recipes from Katie Workman’s Mom 100 cookbook.

Summer flew by! I feel like the school year just ended, and now it’s almost time to do it all over again. Ugh! I start the fall semester on August 30th, so it’s time to get things ready for the upcoming semester. I have books to buy, binders to organize, and book bags to prepare. This happens to be my last semester before I graduate with my Bachelor’s in English. I can’t describe how excited I am to be graduating. I will finally get my life back after this final semester. Be prepared world, you’re about to be travelled. I haven’t had a real vacation since my honeymoon in 2007. That’s about to change.

I chose to make Katie’s peach clafoutis recipe for this week’s #SundaySupper. 1. I love peaches. I’ve been eating them like they’re about to go out of style and, in a way, they are. 2. I’ve never made a clafoutis and that just didn’t seem right. 3. Peaches are at their peak in August. They’re ripe, juicy, and sweet. I just couldn’t resist this recipe.

Can you see why I couldn’t resist this recipe?

I made a special trip to my local farm for some big ol’ juicy peaches for this dish. They’re the size of a soft ball. They’re HUGE!

As you’re biting into these peaches, the juice just runs down your arm. That’s when you know it’s a good peach.

Clafoutis batter is very thin. This is normal, so don’t worry.

You’re going to need to blanche the peaches in boiling water in order to get their skins to come off. To do this, bring your water to a boil and plop the peaches in carefully. Boil for 40 seconds.

Quickly transfer the peaches to a prepared ice bath. Give them a turn in the bath and take them out of the water.

The skins will slide right off with the tug of your fingers.

Slice the peaches. Be careful. They’re slippery little buggers.

Line the peaches in the bottom of a buttered casserole dish. Something pretty since you’ll be serving it right out of the pan.

Pour the batter over the peaches and bake.

The peaches rise to the top during the baking process. It’s magic! The top of the clafoutis gets all caramelized and brown. So good!

The cake itself is creamy inside, almost like a custard or a bread pudding. It is beyond moist.

This clafoutis is great way to start the morning on a school day. I added some whole wheat flour and cut back on the sugar to healthy it up a bit. I can totally see myself eating this before school with a cup o’ Joe. Yum!

Kids will also love this dish. It will help kick start their brains in the morning and keep them full until lunch.

Happy #SundaySupper!

1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups 2% milk
3 large eggs
1 tbs. vanilla extract
3 large peaches or 4-5 small peaches
1/4 cup brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a medium-sized baking dish (you will be serving the clafoutis in the dish you bake it in, so pick something pretty).

Prepare an ice bath by adding ice and water to a large bowl.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the peaches to the boiling water and cook for 40 seconds. Transfer the peaches from the boiling water to the ice bath with tongs or a slotted spoon. Give them a turn in the ice water then remove. Slip of the skins and cut the peaches into slices.

Arrange the sliced peaches on the bottom of your prepared baking dish.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter over the peaches.

Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the clafoutis half way through the baking process.

Bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean and the clafoutis is brown on top. The center will jiggle a bit, that’s okay.

Adapted from Katie Workman

30 Responses to “Back to School Peach Clafoutis ~ #SundaySupper”

CCU — August 12, 2012 at 6:56 am

Irresistible indeed this looks delicious :D

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — August 12, 2012 at 7:48 am

I can´t wait to get my hands on some fresh peaches. Interesting to use whole wheat and brown sugar, it probably tastes way better!

Family Foodie — August 12, 2012 at 7:53 am

You made this recipe look absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to try this one!

Renee — August 12, 2012 at 8:09 am

Excellent tip on how to easily peel peaches. And I love peaches too. I really want to make this now while it is peach season. Clafouti is so simple and yet so good!

Hezzi-D — August 12, 2012 at 8:47 am

I bought 14 pounds of peaches at the farmer’s market this week and I’ve been wondering what to make with them besides jam-I think I’ve found my answer! These look great!

Dorothy at ShockinglyDelicious — August 12, 2012 at 9:15 am

That looks soooo good!

Lane @ Supper for a Steal — August 12, 2012 at 9:41 am

looks great. I love peaches!!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — August 12, 2012 at 9:44 am

Gorgeous! My stomach is literally rumbling now!

Faye Leong — August 12, 2012 at 10:00 am

Wonderful Clafoutis & Peaches! So tempting, cant wait to to try on this. Thanks for sharing.

Brie's Bites — August 12, 2012 at 10:37 am

These look amazing!

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets — August 12, 2012 at 11:42 am

I don’t think any of those peaches would have made it to the baking dish if I were making it. That looks gorgeous, and I’m very upset that I cannot reach through the screen and grab a piece.

Heather @girlichef — August 12, 2012 at 11:47 am

I’m completely ga-ga over peaches at this moment – so I NEED this in my life. The sooner the better! Best of luck with your final semester (that’s so exciting).

Patti — August 12, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I just want to dive into this Jennie! Those peaches look mouth-watering! Happy #SundaySupper!

Carla — August 12, 2012 at 1:43 pm

It looks delicious and totally perfect breakfast food ;) I haven’t made much w peaches yet this summer. I need to fix that!

Alaiyo — August 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Mmmm! I love peaches and all things made with peaches. This dish looks wonderful and comforting!

Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet) — August 12, 2012 at 4:03 pm

This clafouti is perfect! I made my first one (berries) this winter and we LOVED it…so easy and lots of flavor!!

Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories) — August 12, 2012 at 4:32 pm

yumm!! My husband loves peaches in baked desserts…will have to make this for him.

Liz — August 12, 2012 at 10:11 pm

How exciting to be starting your last semester soon!!! It will fly by. Your clafoutis looks amazing…I’m a sucker for peaches and this looks absolutely perfect! Hope your #SundaySupper was a great one~

Anita at Hungry Couple — August 13, 2012 at 1:00 am

Yummy! I’m seriously into all things peach, these days. :)

Kim Bee — August 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm

This is truly gorgeous. Love peaches so much. Cannot get enough of them.

1. Pingback: Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas

2. Pingback: Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Cheese Wraps for #SundaySupper

3. Pingback: Breakfast Wraps for #SundaySupper

4. Pingback: Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo ~ #SundaySupper with “The Mom 100 Cookbook”! | Juanita's Cocina

5. Pingback: Lunchbox Herbed Beef Wraps #SundaySupper | Brie's Bites

6. Pingback: Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza #SundaySupper With @KatieWorkman100

7. Pingback: Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza #SundaySupper With @KatieWorkman100 : Barefoot Market Test Blog

8. Pingback: Lunchbox California Wraps #SundaySupper » The Daily Dish Recipes