Strawberry-Pink Champagne Sorbet ~ #SundaySupper

Happy #SundaySupper!

The #SundaySupper group is cookin’ with wine this week. Exciting, right? I was beyond excited when I first found out about this week’s theme. What? I get to cook with my favorite alcoholic beverage? Yippeeeee!

We teamed up with Schlossadler Wines this week for our wine themed #SundaySupper. They have every type of wine you can imagine, from sparkling to deep crimson red to crisp white. There’s a bottle of wine for every type of wino. I could spend hours on their website, perusing the different types of wine and the region of the grapes.

My favorite wine is the bubbly kind, also known as champagne or sparkling wine. I love the stuff! The bubbles create that classic fizziness that goes straight to my head.

Because I have an affinity for champagne, I decided to put a twist on the classic champagne and strawberry combination. I made a strawberry-pink champagne sorbet.

I took a chance with this recipe and wasn’t sure it was even going to turn out, but it did, and it’s delicious. I literally hovered over the ice cream maker, watching intently (brows furrowed intent) as the syrupy mixture spun around in the bowl, coaxing it in a pleading voice, “Please work. Oh pretty, pretty please!” When I saw that it was, indeed, churning up properly, I let out the breath that I’d been holding the entire time.

I never leave room for error, and that has to change.

This sorbet is for adults only. Let me repeat that… Adults Only! The champagne doesn’t actually get cooked long enough to cook out the alcohol, which is what I love about this sorbet. My mom ate a bowl of this last night and had a little buzz going.

Having a cocktail party, adults-only party, girls movie night? Make this sorbet. I promise, your guests will love it.

Enjoy your #SundaySupper around the family table with your loved ones.

Check out what the other #SundaySupper bloggers are cookin’ up this week with wine:

Strawberry-Pink Champagne Sorbet

2 cups rose champagne or sparkling wine
1 cup sugar
16 oz. frozen or fresh strawberries

In a large saucepan, add champagne, sugar, and strawberries. Cook on medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Pour cooled mixture into an airtight container and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator, about 4-8 hours.

Pour the chilled mixture into a blender and pulse to combine, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Store in the freezer for up to 14 days.

43 Responses to “Strawberry-Pink Champagne Sorbet ~ #SundaySupper”

CCU — August 19, 2012 at 6:51 am

That is one stunning twist, this looks absolutely beautiful and refreshing :D
    Lovely colour too!

P.S. I have lost 60-70 followers and I don’t even know how so if you had subscribed before, it would be great if you could check and if possible, resubscribe – thanks!

• Jennie replied August 19th, 2012 at 8:05 am

Thanks, Uru! Oh no, you lost some subscribers; that’s awful. of course I’ll resubscribe.

Katy — August 19, 2012 at 7:36 am

That is so pretty! I bet it is the perfect girls’ night in treat :)

Joan@Chocolate and More — August 19, 2012 at 8:09 am

Yum, a perfect way to use some wine! And so pretty too!

Susan — August 19, 2012 at 8:51 am

I’ll join you for that glass of bubbly! How can a girl not love that stuff? Also, so perfect for a sorbet, this looks fantastic and I bet it tasted just a good as it looks.

Cindys Recipes — August 19, 2012 at 9:41 am

Wow Jennie, this looks amazing! I don’t know if I’d have the willpower to even try to take such amazing pictures! (as if I could) :)

Family Foodie — August 19, 2012 at 10:18 am

This is just gorgeous and would be perfect here in Florida. Beautiful photography!

Patti — August 19, 2012 at 11:00 am

Just perfect for any party! Beautiful presentation!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — August 19, 2012 at 11:08 am

Ha! I giggled at the buzzed mama!

I am SO trying this. Delish!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes — August 19, 2012 at 11:20 am

The perfect way to end the summer, with strawberries and champagne! Stunning sorbet! Have a great sunday

Laura Hunter — August 19, 2012 at 12:05 pm

This looks so easy. I need to hurry up and make it before the strawberry season is over. Thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets — August 19, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Shut. Up. I have some strawberry champagne sauce that would go perfectly with this. Pinning it!

mommasmeals — August 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Sounds like an awesome summer treat!! :) Thanks for sharing.

Hezzi-D — August 19, 2012 at 4:09 pm

YUM! I just made a peach sorbet with white wine and it was so good. Now I’m going to have to try this strawberry version with champagne-I bet the champagne really adds to it!

Linda-There and Back Again — August 19, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Jennie, that looks lovely! I would so enjoy this sorbet! Great job!

Heather @girlichef — August 19, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Count me in for that girls night cocktail party ;) This is so beautiful and I so badly want to taste it!! Gorgeous photos…so incredibly tempting.

Tora Estep — August 19, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Ha ha ha! I don’t leave much room for error, either! This sorbet looks extraordinary!

Sarah — August 19, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Great minds think alike! I was babysitting the oven making my macarons too. I was experimenting with the recipe and I wasn’t sure how it was going to work out. Your sorbet look so refreshing. I’m puckering my face as I write this!

Aly — August 20, 2012 at 12:08 am

I made a blackberry sparkling wine sorbet! There really is a strong alcohol content with these desserts. It looks so pretty, too! :)

Baker Street — August 20, 2012 at 6:14 am

i totally missed out on yesterday’s #sundaysupper. I had actually been looking forward to it. your strawberry champagne looks amazing and I LOVE how easy the recipe is! Great post, Jennie!

amy @ fearless homemaker — August 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

What a fabulous idea, especially for a ladies’ night at home, or a book club meeting. my friends would be so excited to eat this! oh + i totally know what you mean about standing over the ice cream machine, furrowing your brow + saying, ‘please work, please work.’ i do stuff like that all the time when i try a new recipe. luckily, it almost always does work out great, like this did! =)

Jenn and Seth — August 20, 2012 at 11:51 pm

this is just gorgeous! i love the color and i bet it tastes absolutely fantastic! love it!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — August 21, 2012 at 9:35 am

hahahaaaaaaaaa

I love the idea of a bunch of girls getting drunk off sorbet, hilarious :P

It’s so pretttty!

Anita at Hungry Couple — August 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I love it. Cocktails and dessert all in one! :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 21, 2012 at 6:02 pm

This looks incredible! And a perfect way to cool off in this heat!

Kristina — August 22, 2012 at 9:40 am

haha omygosh I love that your mom got buzzed off your sorbet! Sold. I’m sooo making this for the weekend, would be so fun to have with the girls before we head out Saturday night! And I’m sucker for anything pink…. :)

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — August 22, 2012 at 10:51 am

I am obsessed with champagne. Love the idea of being able to eat my bubbly! THIS has to be made in my house soon.

Jaime — August 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Can’t say no to a glass of bubbly with strawberries in it, definitely won’t say no to this gorgeous sorbet – esp. when there’s a promise of a little buzz from it!! Perfect for a girls night in with a rom-com.

p/s: I have the exact same Anthropologie bowls!!! ;-)

1. Pingback: Pork Piccata

2. Pingback: Moules a la Provencale #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

3. Pingback: Cooking with Wine for #SundaySupper #Schlossiwines « Momma's Meals

4. Pingback: Shrimp Salad With Lemon Tarragon Dressing for #SundaySupper

5. Pingback: Red, White and Cordon Bleu #SundaySupper | Cindy's Recipes and Writings

6. Pingback: Shepherd's Pie with Red Wine Mushroom Gravy | Juanita's Cocina

7. Pingback: Small Wallet Big Appetite » Chicken and Mushroom Chicken Piccata #SundaySupper

8. Pingback: Wine & Dine with Schlossadler International Wine Club and #SundaySupper | Wine Everyday

9. Pingback: #Sunday Supper: Delicious BBQ Ribs | Pippi's in the Kitchen Again

10. Pingback: Chicken Involtini With Prosciutto, Provolone and Basil #SundaySupper

11. Pingback: Chicken Involtini With Prosciutto, Provolone and Basil #SundaySupper : Barefoot Market Test Blog

12. Pingback: Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends – Pretty in Pink Champagne Macaron #SundaySupper

13. Pingback: The Weekend Whisk 9/8/12

14. Pingback: Cooking with Wine for #SundaySupper #Schlossiwines |

15. Pingback: Elegant Pot Roast with a Glass of Wine #SundaySupper | The Daily Dish Recipes