End of Summer Sangria & A Feature at Momma’s Meals

I’m feeling pretty famous today! Why? Because Tammi at Momma’s Meals is featuring me on the blog today as her Featured Friday Co-Host. I can hardly contain my excitement!

Momma's Meals

This gal is putting on her finest apron and piggy pink heels to celebrate her fame. All I need now is a tiara to bring it all together (ahem, mom).

Tammi came up with Featured Friday’s to meet new bloggers, try new food, and expand her knowledge in the kitchen. Every Friday she features a different foodie, along with one of their recipes. Fun, right?

I couldn’t just leave Tammi hanging while she’s busting her hump in the kitchen whipping up one of my dishes. That would be wrong, so I chose one of her recipes and got to shakin’(literally). I decided to make her End of Summer Sangria.

I have been on the hunt for a good sangria recipe for months now. I’ve tried several recipes over the course of the summer, with no success… until now. This sangria is absolutely delicious, and I was pleased as pie when I took a sip and discovered it was tasty. It’s fruity, tart, and sweet; all the things that make an exceptional sangria.

I plucked a pretty pitcher from the cabinet and mixed up the sangria right in the pitcher- less clean up is always a good thing.

Sangria is all about the cheap wine- the cheaper the better. I started by pouring a cheap bottle of sweet red wine into the pitcher, then mixed in some triple sec, peachtree schnapps, orange pineapple juice, cranberry juice, a splash of sprite, and a few orange slices. So easy, yet so good.

Sangria for the weekend? Don’t mind if I do. Now, go on over to Momma’s Meals to see what recipe of mine Tammi chose to feature. Tell her I said hi!

Click here¬†for Tammi’s End of Summer Sangria recipe.

16 Responses to “End of Summer Sangria & A Feature at Momma’s Meals”

Jen @JuanitasCocina — September 7, 2012 at 6:56 am

I’ll be right over.

CCU — September 7, 2012 at 7:42 am

That is so exciting my famous friend congratulations :D
    This looks like a lovely drink to feature!

Amber — September 7, 2012 at 8:56 am

Awesome pick! Beautiful pictures! I’m knocking on your door…please answer….

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets — September 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I like sangria. Well, I like eating the fruit out of sangria. That counts, right? So if you need someone to eat the fruit, I’m so there.

And now I know a famous person. Right on. :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — September 7, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Sangria is one of my most favorite things ever!! I would take the whole pitcher! lol

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — September 7, 2012 at 2:54 pm

SO pretty! Can’t wait to see what Tammy made :)

Alex — September 7, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Yum! Thanks for sharing the sangria recipe!

Russell at Chasing Delicious — September 7, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Yum! This sangria looks wonderful!

Valerie — September 7, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Congratulations on the feature!
    And yes, when it comes to sangrias, the less expensive the wine, the better. ;)
    Yours looks delicious! (I want shoes that colour red!)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — September 7, 2012 at 11:04 pm

It’s Friday night so you know what I’ll be having tonight!

Great photos btw! :)

Family Foodie — September 7, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Love Sangria and these pics make it look amazing!

Anna @ hiddenponies — September 8, 2012 at 12:06 am

Congrats on the feature! This sangria DOES sound perfect…sangria has probably been what I missed most this summer being pregnant, I can’t wait to drink it by the boatload next summer :P

Julia — September 8, 2012 at 12:37 am

Beautiful photo! Saw it on FoodGawker and clicked to see your blot.

shannon — September 11, 2012 at 11:04 pm

congrats on your feature! albeit a belated congrats…duh. :) catching up is great, but i start to feel nerdy when i missed something important. go you!

also, i have had the same issue with sangria this summer; i know what i like, and most i’ve made have fallen short. but just reading what’s in this? I feel like i’d love it. i’m going to have to make this one before it gets too fall-ish outside. yum. so pretty, too…i always love the way sangria looks.

foodwanderings — September 15, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Congrats on the feature. What a great way to celebrate end of the summer. Sangrias go down easy and your photos came out lovely!

1. Pingback: end of summer sangria. | Cooking Pics