Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
Why should you make muffins? Um, they’re delicious! Need more convincing? Oh, all right.
- They’re individual, which means there’s no need to share and, as you all know, I don’t respond well to sharing. I’m like Joey on Friends… Jennie doesn’t share her food. Sorry!
- They only take a few minutes to whip up, and I’m a huge fan of instant gratification. When this girl wants something, she doesn’t like to wait for it.
- They’re extremely versatile. Like bananas? Throw some in. Chocolate fan? Add those, too. The list goes on.
- Did I mention that they’re delicious? Well, they are.
This week’s muffin recipe happened to be something I already have on the blog, a chocolate banana muffin. So, I decided to shake things up a bit and make a nutella swirl pumpkin chocolate muffin, and it’s damn good!
I know I’m going a bit overboard with pumpkin, but, in my defense, it’s fall.
The chocolate really shines in this recipe. There’s a touch of cocoa powder in the batter, a generous amount of chocolate chips studded throughout, and a dollop of Nutella swirled in the center. Chocolate fans… You’re welcome.
The pumpkin is there to aid in the moist, cake-like texture of this cupcake. This may be the moistest muffin I’ve ever had.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree and melted butter. Whisk in eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients until just combined, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill each of the tins half way. Using a ½ teaspoon, add a dollop of Nutella, then top with batter. Swirl with a knife. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.