Candy Corn Martini ~ #SundaySupper

Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. Happy Halloween, all!

This week the #SundaySupper team is at it again. We’re creating some spooktacular (sorry, I just had to) treats for Halloween. Did you know that Halloween is the most popular holiday in the United States? I mean, I love candy as much as the other guy, but who knew it would surpass Christmas and presents. Wow!

Squirrel and I don’t go all out for Halloween, which means we don’t get dressed up and go to Halloween parties, haunted houses, or zombie bar crawls. Call me lame, but I just can’t see spending all of that money on a costume that I’m only going to wear once. Instead, we stay home and hand candy out to the cute little fancied up kiddos that go trick-or-treating. I just love seeing all of them in their creative Halloween gear.

Halloween isn’t just for the kiddies. Adults can have fun, too, and that’s why I created a fun adult treat- candy corn martinis! Why not sort the candy while sipping on a sweet cocktail?

First, you get yourself some vodka and a bag or two of candy corn. Then, you get yourself a glass bottle and add a generous amount of candy corn and a few good gluggs of vodka. Give it a good shake and leave it alone for 3 hours to allow the vodka and candy corn to get to know each other. After impatiently waiting for 3 hours, strain it.

What you end up with is a very delicious and very orange alcoholic concoction.

Add a shot of vanilla vodka, a bit of pineapple juice, a squeeze of orange juice, and a splash of lemon and you have yourself a festive Halloween cocktail.

Who said adults don’t know how to have a good time?

I sipped on this cocktail after photographing it. What was I supposed to do? Let a perfectly good cocktail go to waste? Oh no, that’s not allowed in Jennie’s kitchen. You shake it. You sip it.

So what if it was only 12 p.m.

Candy corn cocktail in my right hand + a snickers bar in my left hand= Halloween bliss.

Happy Halloween! Enjoy.

Want more spooktacular Halloween recipes?

Bewitching Brews:

• Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
  • Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ

Ghoulish Grub:

Haunted Snacks:

Spooky Sweets:

Join us on throughout the day on Twitter to share your Halloween recipes, using the #SundaySupper hashtag.  We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (EST) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about all things Halloween.  All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat.

We’d also love to feature your favorite Halloween recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.

5.0 from 1 reviews

• 1 part vanilla vodka
  • 2 parts pineapple juice
  • Squeeze of fresh orange
  • Squeeze of fresh lemon
  • Splash of sprite
Instructions
  1. In a large glass pitcher, add vodka and candy corn. Shake to combine. Allow the vodka to infuse with the candy corn for at least 3 hours. Strain through a mesh sieve.
  2. Add the candy corn vodka, vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice to a shaker of ice and shake to combine.
  3. Pour the mixture into a martini glass and add a splash of sprite.

79 Responses to “Candy Corn Martini ~ #SundaySupper”

CCU — October 28, 2012 at 6:26 am

That is one classy martini glass my friend :D and even more than that damn I’m loving the gorgeous drink – Halloween just got more fun :)

CCU — October 28, 2012 at 6:26 am

Love it!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — October 28, 2012 at 7:32 am

Absolutely wonderful Jennie! Vodka is just the perfect alcohol to infuse anything. Beautiful pics too, and you should always drink the fruits of your labor! Happy Sunday!

Laura Dembowski — October 28, 2012 at 8:19 am

I am so impressed with this. I love candy corn but never would have thought to make a drink with them. Wish I had one now. . .or a little later ;). It’s pretty early for a martini! I don’t buy Halloween being the biggesr holiday, but maybe that’s because other than the candy, I’m not a fan.

• Jennie replied October 28th, 2012 at 8:33 am

Thanks, Laura. I love infusing vodka; you can get really creative with it.

Susan — October 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

hmmm. . .I’m intrigued. I always say I can’t drink my dessert (and yes I’m counting candy as dessert), but I don’t know, this could try. Maybe. I do love my candy corn.

Renee — October 28, 2012 at 9:03 am

Seriously great cocktail for Halloween. And I’m giggling over drinking it at noon. I’ve done that a few times too. Tasty cocktails do not go to waste after taking photos. Cheers!!

Soni — October 28, 2012 at 9:05 am

Wow,what a great idea to use candy corn in a martini and its such a simple process :) I would never have thought of something like this :)

Tammi — October 28, 2012 at 9:13 am

WOW these look fantastic!! I WANT ONE NOW! Us adults can have lots of fun for Halloween!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — October 28, 2012 at 9:20 am

OK…so…that’s actually super cool.

I am muy impressed by your candy corn booze ya got there :P

Dawn Lombardo — October 28, 2012 at 9:32 am

I am so making these..look delicious!!

Katie — October 28, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’ve never tried infusing my vodka with anything…what a good idea with the candy corn! Would you believe me if I told you I’ve NEVER had candy corn either???? It’s so pretty…I’ve used it for decorating but I’ve never actually eaten one…what is wrong with this picture?

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — October 28, 2012 at 10:28 am

What a fun cocktail! Jason and I don’t go out either so we will definitely be sipping on these as well!

Tara Noland — October 28, 2012 at 10:33 am

Great idea, very creative and I bet it tastes divine too!

Heather @girlichef — October 28, 2012 at 10:37 am

This sis so much fun- I’ll be making myself a batch of Candy Corn Vodka pronto!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — October 28, 2012 at 10:57 am

Cheers dahling! This looks like something I could drink any time o’ day!

Megan @ I Run For Wine — October 28, 2012 at 11:11 am

I wish I had this recipe for our party this weekend. Hmmm….I have leftover vodka and candy corn. Excuse me while I run to my kitchen :)

Angie @ Big Bear's Wife — October 28, 2012 at 11:13 am

This is my kind of candy corn dessert! Well it’s not really dessert but considering it has candy in it, I’m gonna go with calling it a dessert! I will be making this soon!

Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen — October 28, 2012 at 11:16 am

Why, of course you have to sip that lovely drink.. who else can confirm how delicious it is before posting it here for us to try:)

Veronica Gantley — October 28, 2012 at 11:37 am

You so had me at candy corn. Now you made it even better by adding booze to it!

Bea — October 28, 2012 at 11:52 am

What a great idea!!! Yum!

sunithi — October 28, 2012 at 12:23 pm

How easy is that ! So creative. Gonna make me some now. So creative !!!!

Laura Hunter — October 28, 2012 at 12:25 pm

While I don’t like candy corn this is such a cute idea I just can’t help but love it. It makes me wonder what other kinds of flavoured vodkas I could make.

• Jennie replied October 28th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Laura, I don’t like candy corn either, but this cocktail is delicious. You can pretty much infuse vodka with anything. I infused some with apple and cinnamon last year for a fresh appletini.

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — October 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm

GORGEOUS!!!! This is almost too pretty to drink!

Anne @ Webicurean — October 28, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Love martinis! Of course you’re supposed to drink it after you snap it–you know the saying it’s 5 o’clock somewhere! I may just pick up some candy corn to try this out!

Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen — October 28, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Oh I love this idea!! I am always on the look out for another martini recipe ;) this is getting pinned on my adult beverage board!! Thanks so much!

Katy — October 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm

The perfect Halloween cocktail! That looks just gorgeous!

Hezzi-D — October 28, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I’ve made vodka with Skittles before for Christmas but I love this twist on it for Halloween!

The Wimpy Vegetarian — October 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm

This is the perfect Halloween treat for grownups! Love it!!

Stephanie Zielinski — October 28, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I cannot wait to make these!!! I’m not a huge candy corn fan…but with a little vanilla vodka, they are worth another try!

• Jennie replied October 28th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Stephanie, I’m not a huge candy corn fan either, but I love these.

Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet) — October 28, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Great job…one of these in my hand would = a fab Halloween for me as well!

Liz — October 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Beautifully done!! And SO darn creative!!!

Beth — October 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm

More popular than Christmas? Unbelievable! What a great roundup of Halloween dishes.

Kim@Treats & Trinkets — October 28, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hahaha, at first I didn’t realize you had the instructions for infusing the vodka as well as the martini itself. I saw “Serves 1″ then “4 cups vodka” and I was all “damn, remind me never to go drinking with Jennie!”

I crack myself up. But that martini does sound tasty. And it’s so pretty!

Dorothy at ShockinglyDelicious — October 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm

That is the most fun Halloween cocktail idea EVER!

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — October 28, 2012 at 8:57 pm

What a unique and creative idea. No alcohol for me till March, but I will have to remeber this for next year.

Martin D. Redmond — October 28, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I’ve been wondering about this since I saw it on the list for this week! It looks amazing! And I bet there will be plenty of “big” kids smacking their lips after a sip of this one!

Karen Hartzell (@InTheKitchenKP) — October 28, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I’m coming trick or treating at your house for this awesome treat! I’ll even trade you a few snickers from my kid’s bag!!! LOL

Patti — October 29, 2012 at 6:56 am

Any martini looks good to me! Perfect for our party!

Sarah — October 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm

It’s always 5 o’clock somewhere Jennie! 12 is not too early for a cocktail in my book. Just curious, does the candied corn give the vodka any flavor or does it just give the vodka sweetness. Either way, it’s so pretty and I would love a cocktail please.

• Jennie replied October 29th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Sarah, the candy corn gives the vodka a slight caramel flavor, but mostly just sweetens the vodka a bit. It’s the addition of the vanilla vodka and pineapple juice that helps achieve the candy corn flavor.

Carla — October 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Sooooo if I came trick or treating at your house, are you passing these out ;) I thought having a candy corn on the rim was hilarious, mainly because I didn’t know you could do that without breaking it LOL

• Jennie replied October 29th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Carla, I did break a few, but if you push gently enough they’ll stick.

Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom — October 29, 2012 at 5:25 pm

OMG, I love this! so inventive!!! :)

shannon — October 29, 2012 at 5:30 pm

is it wrong that i love the color of this? i really do. how awesome and satisfying would it be to drink candy corn in a martini? very. obviously i need to make this, as i have a yet-unused candy corn stash in the pantry.

• Jennie replied October 29th, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Is it wrong that the color was one of the reasons I decided to make this drink? It just screamed Halloween. I prefer to drink my candy corn, as I’m not a huge fan of the stuff. Yes, you totally need to make this, then sip it like a celebrity.

Words Of Deliciousness — October 29, 2012 at 7:22 pm

This sounds like a really yummy cocktail. Sounds perfect for a Halloween good time.

Mom — October 31, 2012 at 11:12 am

I must be honest, when Jenn told me about this I scrunched my nose a little thinking it would be very sweet. Let me tell you this is a wonderful drink, she brought it over Saturday night for our bonfire. I highly recommend it :)

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — October 31, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Such a pretty color! I was almost going to do this – not I just have to do it to try it, sounds so good!

Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories) — November 1, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Very nice! I think a candy corn martini should be a must in my hand next Halloween!

Kim Bee — November 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Jennie this is such a cool idea. I would never have thought to use candy corn like this. I love how you put one on the rim.

1. Pingback: Halloween Party Recipes

2. Pingback: Jack O Lantern Cookies for #Halloween Trick-Or-Treat #SundaySupper

3. Pingback: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

4. Pingback: Crispy Graham Bones for a Trick or Treat #SundaySupper | The Meltaways

5. Pingback: Meat Head: A Halloween DIY Tutorial | She likes ruffles, he likes truffles

6. Pingback: Witch’s Fingers for Trick-Or-Treat Halloween Party at #SundaySupper | | Noshing With The NolandsNoshing With The Nolands

7. Pingback: Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends – Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies #SundaySupper

8. Pingback: Trick-Or-Treat for #SundaySupper! |

9. Pingback: #SundaySupper: Halloween Popcorn Cake | Pippis in the Kitchen Again

10. Pingback: Halloween Cookie Dough Pops ~ #TrickOrTreat #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina

11. Pingback: Messy Monster Cookies for #SundaySupper | marocmama.com

12. Pingback: #SundaySupper Spooky Kid Pizzas

13. Pingback: Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs For a Halloween #SundaySupper

14. Pingback: Monster Bites for #SundaySupper aka the ugliest cake pops ever! | Cravings of a Lunatic

15. Pingback: Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) #SundaySupper - Webicurean | Webicurean

16. Pingback: Graveyard Brownies in a Pool of Strawberry Syrup | The Wimpy Vegetarian

17. Pingback: Monster Mash #SundaySupper | Cindy's Recipes and Writings

18. Pingback: Trick or Treat Wine Pairings For Halloween #SundaySupper - ENOFYLZ Wine Blog

19. Pingback: Eyeball Pinwheels for #SundaySupper Halloween Party - Home Cooking Memories

20. Pingback: BOO Candy Corn and Chocolate Chip Cookies for Halloween #SundaySupperHip Foodie Mom | Hip Foodie Mom

21. Pingback: Monster Cookies | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

22. Pingback: Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cakepops #SundaySupper | Mama.Mommy.Mom.

23. Pingback: Top 47 Best Halloween Recipes | The Daily Dish Recipes

24. Pingback: 50 Fabulous Fall #SundaySupper Recipes | Daily Dish Recipes

25. Pingback: Frikkin Awesome Halloween Cocktails and Drinks Ideas - Frikkin Awesome!

26. Pingback: Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins | Chocolate Moosey