Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Because Squirrel and I ate our way through Frankenstorm and consumed an entire 9-by-13 casserole dish of chicken pot pie (didn’t want that baby going to waste in case the electricity went out), I felt it was time to create and eat something healthy. So, naturally, I made cookies.
Healthy snacking cookies. They’re full of whole wheat flour, oats, cranberries, pecans, greek yogurt, and a sprinkling of white chocolate chips. Any time I’m in the mood for a snack, I reach for
one two (don’t want the other hand to get jealous) of these hearty cookies.
No cookie remorse happening at the last bite of these cookies.
In this house, I have to sneak healthy ingredients into the recipes I make. If my husband doesn’t know that the food is healthy, you won’t hear a peep out of him. He’ll eat it as if nothing ever happened. My theory is what my husband doesn’t know won’t hurt him. So I sneak a few veggies, whole wheat, and yogurt into some dishes. He can’t eat meat all the time (or could he).
He ate these cookies and was none the wiser. He even said they were really good. Ha! I tricked him. My husband is proof that healthy can be delicious. Indulge all you want, honey, they’re good for you (insert evil laugh here).
Go ahead, have two. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, at room-temperature
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the yogurt and whisk to combine. Add the eggs one a time, mixing well after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the pecans, cranberries, and white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon, scoop the dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Eat 10 because they’re healthy!