Happy #SundaySupper! I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas.
I had the pleasure of spending quality time with my closest family and friends. Every time all of us get together, it’s guaranteed to be a good time. We definitely created some memories this year. I think the best part was our Kinect bowling competition.Oh how fun it is to watch my dad grumble over a lost game of bowling and then proceed to list the arbitrary ways in which my brother must have cheated in order to win. That man cracks me up; he’s such a sore loser. I had the pleasure of beating my father at a round of bowling Christmas day. Ha ha, dad, you were taken down by a girl! How does that make you feel?
This week we’re celebrating #SundaySupper with Emeril Lagasse. Let me repeat that; we’re celebrating with THE Emeril Lagasse! He’s joining us for a “New Year’s Eve Potluck Party.” I can’t express how excited I am to cook with Emeril.
I used to watch Emeril kick it up a notch with my dad when I still lived at home. I remember sitting in the living room listening to my dad act like Emeril while he was cooking. My dad adores Emeril; I think he may even be my dad’s man crush.
Since New Year’s Eve is right around the corner (tomorrow), and I’m still in a bit of a food coma from Christmas, I felt compelled to make a cocktail. I decided on an adaption of Emeril’s Chi Chi cocktail.
I know it’s cold and blustery outside, but one sip of this tropical drink will transport your thoughts to warm places where cute pool boys (or girls) wait on your every need while you sit under a cabana on a pristine white sandy beach watching the teal blue waves drift in. Ahh, sunshine! Apparently I’m longing for the beach.
Emeril is known for his catchy phrases. I’m sure you know the phrases I’m referring to, “Bam!” and “Let’s kick it up a notch!” He really fires up his audience with those phrases. Well, I want to fire up my audience too. Emeril has inspired me to come up with a memorable little catchphrase of my own. You know, give my blog a little pizazz, jazz it up a bit.
Now, to come up with a catchy phrase of my own. Hmm, all I can come up with is amazeballs and that’s not really a catchphrase. It’s not like I can yell amazeballs as I’m throwing a handful of chocolate chips in some batter. Well, I suppose I could, but it sounds ridiculous. How about chip me? Of course that would only work if I’m using some type of chip. I dunno. Apparently my inner creative genius is out of commission at the moment, probably sipping one of these chi chi cocktails on a white sandy beach in the Caribbean. Lucky duck! I’ll get back to you with that catchphrase.
This cocktail is insanely easy to make and fiercely delicious. I sucked one down after their photo shoot. Yup, they’re delicious. So delicious that you’ll find yourself sucking down a few of them, maybe even double fisting them.
All you have to do is dump everything in a blender and buzz until smooth–cake walk! I recommend having one for breakfast on New Year’s Eve; get the party started right. A little french toast and a chi chi cocktail, perfection.
Cheers and happy New Year’s! Remember, drink responsibly.
Check out the other Emeril inspired recipes:
Sunday Supper NYE Potluck Drinks:
Sunday Supper NYE Potluck Starters:
- Spiced Nutsby The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Spiced Nutsby Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Spiced Nutsby Home Cooking Memories
- Spiced Nutsby Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Prosciutto Breadsticks & Spiced Nuts by Galactosemia in PDX
Sunday Supper NYE Potluck Dishes and Sandwiches:
- Sopressata and Genoa Salami Calzonesby The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravyby Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravyby The Meltaways
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravyby Craving’s of a Lunatic
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwichby Supper for a Steal
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwichby Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwichby Diabetic Foodie
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwichby From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwichby In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Columbia Street Grinderby The Foodie Army Wife
- Columbia Street Grinderby The Weekend Gourmet
- Columbia Street Grinderby She likes ruffles, he likes truffles
- Columbia Street Grinderby Momma’s Meals
- Emeril’s Columbia Street Grinder Kicked Up a Notch New Orleans Styleby The Catholic Foodie
- Eggplant Muffulettaby Mom’s Test Kitchen
- A Vegetarian Take on Emeril’s Kicked Up Sandwiches Tonkatsu Sandwichby Ninja Baking
- New Orleans Style Garlic BBQ Shrimp by Comfy Cuisine
Sunday Supper NYE Desserts:
- New Orleans-Style Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauceby Magnolia Days
- Angel Cake Sandwichesby That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Cake with Crumble Topping and Brown Sugar Glaze by Damn Delicious
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ¼ cup cream of coconut
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup vodka (more if you like it stronger)
- 1 tbs. agave syrup
- 2 cups ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve in fancy little glasses adorned with a mini umbrella and pineapple slice.
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on December 30th. We will meet at 7pm EST for our #SundaySupper New Year’s Eve Potluck Party Emeril Style! We are so excited to have you join us. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag or you can follow us through TweetChat.
Please feel free to share your favorite New Year’s Eve recipe on our #SundaySupper Pinterest Board. We are excited to have you around the family table for this special Party!