Soft Baked Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
Some days require a pile of cookies in order to survive the day. Specifically, these soft baked triple peanut butter cookies.
Creamy, rich peanut butter cookie dough and a generous amount of chocolate/peanut butter add-ins–mini peanut butter cups, mini chocolate chips, and Reese’s Pieces–make these cookies mind-blowing!
Triple the peanut butter. Triple the fun. Triple the addiction. One bite is all you need to trigger excessive cookie thoughts and cravings.
I could not stop shoveling cookie after cookie into my cookie-loving face. The addiction was fierce. A trail of crumbs littered the floor of my house. Follow the trail of crumbs, and you’ll find me tucked in a conspicuous corner sneaking yet another cookie.
I even tried to give these cookies away so I would stop thinking about them. The effort was futile. My addiction refused to subside; if anything, it grew stronger.
The addiction spread like wildfire. Soon, my brothers became addicted. Then, my peanut butter loving father fell subject to the lure of the cookies. I even had my poor coworkers hooked.
Beware… You will crave these cookies with a hunger so fierce that you may commit unthinkable acts in order to suppress your craving. Perhaps you’ll push an old lady out of the way so you’ll be the first to reach the cookie plate before anyone else. Maybe you’ll even steal one from an innocent toddler–grab it right from his/her chubby little paws. You may even go so far as to hide the plate of cookies and tell everyone that the plate fell on the floor, soiling the entire batch. And that’s just the beginning.
You were warned!
I can’t blame your addiction. These cookies are perfectly soft in the center and loaded with all things peanut butter and chocolate. Go ahead, indulge!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room-temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room-temperature
- 1 and ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup Reese's Pieces
- ½ cup mini peanut butter cups
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer attached with the paddle attachment, cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until light and fluffy; about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides and give it one more good whisk.
- Whisk in the vanilla and egg until smooth and combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture in 2 batches. Whisk until just combined. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold in the mini peanut butter cups, Reese's Pieces, and mini chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 1 tablespoon of dough per bowl. Line each cookie sheet with the peanut butter balls, spacing them 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. They will look under baked, but do not bake them longer than 12 minutes. To ensure even baking, bake one sheet at a time on a rack in the center of your oven.
- Remove the baked cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the completely cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.