Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz with Thyme ~ #ChristmasWeek
Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
The holiday season is upon us–Christmas music is blaring, stockings hang from the mantle, and the oven is working overtime pumping out holiday baked goods. Today marks the first day of our epic week of Christmas baked goods.
Holiday baking calls for getting jolly in the kitchen with a fizzy holiday-inspired libation. This cranberry-orange gin fizz with thyme is the perfect holiday drink to share with friends and family while cooking up your holiday meal.
I tested this cocktail out on my friends and family (don’t feel bad for them, that’s their job) over the Thanksgiving holiday. My mom fell in love with it and has been pestering me for more ever since the bird came out of the oven.
One of my favorite things to do is shake up a good cocktail. In my past life, I truly believe I was a bartender. What you’ll need:
-Gin (I prefer Beefeater)
-Cointreau or Triple Sec
-Cranberry Sprite or Cranberry Sierra Mist
-A few sprigs of thyme
-Frozen cranberries for garnish (optional)
Grab your shaker and add the gin, Cointreau or Triple Sec, and a sprig of thyme. Muddle the thyme to bruise the leaves and realese its earthy flavor. Add a handful of ice, cranberry juice, and the juice of half an orange. Give the mixture a few vigorous shakes.
Jennie’s definition of vigorous shaking: When one is vigorously shaking correctly, the butt has no choice but to jiggle with every shake. Vigorous cocktail shaking=butt jiggling. So, rock the shaker like you mean it.
Pour over ice and top with cranberry soda and garnish with frozen cranberries, an orange wedge, and sprig of thyme.
The only thing left on the list is to drink. Sink back into a comfy chair next to the glow of the Christmas tree or warm fire and let the fizzy bubbles go to your head.
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee!
Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz with Thyme
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Cranberry Sprite
- Add gin, triple sec, and thyme to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the thyme to release the essential oils.
- Add cranberry juice, orange juice, and a handful of ice to the cocktail shaker. Give the mixture a few good shakes.
- Pour over ice and top with cranberry sprite.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Coconut Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Covered Spoons by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
- Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
- Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
- Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***