Peanut Butter Snickers Rice Krispie Treats
Author: Jennie Phaneuf
- Marshmallow Sauce
- 6 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1-10.5 oz bag marshmallows
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Crispy Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 5 Snickers bars, chopped
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Chocolate Drizzle
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. half & half
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Add Rice Krispies to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Add the peanut butter halfway through the melting process and stir until smooth.
- Fold the marshmallow mixture into the cereal, then fold in mini marshmallows, chopped Snickers, and chopped peanuts.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Over a double boiler, melt peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, butter, and half & half until smooth. Drizzle over the Krispie treats.
- Allow the treats to set before cutting into squares.
Recipe by The Messy Baker Blog at http://themessybakerblog.com/2012/10/10/peanut-butter-snickers-rice-krispie-treats/