#MuffinMonday~ Allspice Cinnamon Chip Streusel Muffins
Recipe type: Muffins
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 5 tbs. cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line or grease a muffin tin.
- For the streusel:
- Place flour, brown sugar, and allspice in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Set aside.
- For the muffins:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, allspice and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk the melted butter, eggs, milk, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla extract together until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Fold in the cinnamon chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffins tins. Top the muffins with 1 tablespoon of streusel.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully
- removing each muffin from its mold.
Recipe by The Messy Baker Blog at http://themessybakerblog.com/2012/10/22/muffinmonday-allspice-streusel-muffins/