Cheddar Herb Cranberry Muffins
Recipe type: Muffins/Quick Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried crushed rosemary
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1¼ cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs. butter, melted
- Extra cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line or grease a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Fill the muffin tins ¾ of the way full with batter. Top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing from the tin.
Recipe by The Messy Baker Blog at http://themessybakerblog.com/2012/11/12/cheddar-herb-cranberry-muffins-muffinmonday/