Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Recipe type: Muffin/Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 banana
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tbs. half & half
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Chocolate glaze:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the banana and sugar. Mash to combine.
- Whisk in the peanut butter and half & half.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Add the mini chocolate chips. Fold to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, about a third of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the muffins are cooling, prepare the glaze.
- Add the chocolate chips to a small bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Lightly dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze and, if you like, add some sprinkles.
Recipe by The Messy Baker Blog at http://themessybakerblog.com/2012/11/19/chocolate-covered-peanut-butter-banana-muffins/