The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies... Ever!
Recipe type: Cookies
Cuisine: Adapted from Nigella Lawson
- 10 tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- In a small bowl, add flour, kosher salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars and cooled butter. Whisk in vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk.
- Fold the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop the dough onto the lined cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Store the cookie dough in the refrigerator between batches.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe by The Messy Baker Blog at http://themessybakerblog.com/2012/12/21/the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies-ever/