Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Muffins with Peanut Butter Frosting
Recipe type: Muffin/Quick Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 miniature Reese cups, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbs. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, and egg until light in color. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture alternating with the milk until the mixture is smooth (a few lumps are okay).
- Fill the tins a third of the way full with batter. Place one Reese cup in the center and gently press it into the batter. Top with batter until the cup is 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the peanut butter and powdered sugar. Cream together the peanut butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Whisk in the milk until the frosting is smooth.
Recipe by The Messy Baker Blog at http://themessybakerblog.com/2012/12/31/peanut-butter-cup-stuffed-chocolate-muffins-with-peanut-butter-frosting-muffinmonday/