Pear & Cinnamon Muffins
Recipe type: muffins, quick breads
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped pears
- 1/3 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and melted butter. Whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in greek yogurt and maple syrup until smooth.
- Fold in pears and cinnamon chips.
- Fill the muffin liners with the batter until they're 2/3 of the way full. Top with streusel.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, oats, almonds, cinnamon, and flour. Stir in melted butter until combined.
Recipe by The Messy Baker Blog at http://themessybakerblog.com/2013/01/28/pear-cinnamon-muffins-muffinmonday/