Love is in the air! I can feel it swirling around me in the form of sprinkles, chocolate chips, bananas, and bourbon.
The #SundaySupper crew is celebrating love, romance, and all things gushy this week in honor of Valentine’s Day. That means recipes for a romantic dinner, sweets for your sweetie, and chocolate…lots of chocolate.
While Cupid is busy flying around sticking people in the butt with his mojo, I’m hard at work making a special mojo of my own. My mojo comes in the form of baked goods. That’s my special trick; give someone a baked good and they’ll fall right in love with you. Who needs cupid when you have chocolate chip banana bourbon blondies? Sorry, Cupid, but you’re no longer needed.
Squirrel and I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day. It’s not that we’re against Valentine’s Day and all the red roses that come with it; we just celebrate something else instead. Squirrel’s birthday falls on Valentine’s Day, so I like to dedicate the day to him. Honestly, I feel bad for people that have to share their birthday with a holiday. Giving a gift on your birthday just seems wrong.
Even though Squirrel doesn’t have to buy me a gift, he always does. Maybe he thinks it’s some kind of trick. You know, a test of sorts. ”Well, she said I don’t have to buy her a gift, but if I don’t buy her a gift, will she be mad? Or, does she really not want a gift?” That type of thing. Honestly, I think we just confuse men when we tell them they don’t have to buy us anything. I received my gift a week early, and it was very special and very surprising. Squirrel bought me the anniversary ring I found and fell in love with a few weeks ago. Check it out here. It’s a beauty!
I digress. Let’s bring on the blondies; it’s what you came here for, right? Not me blabbering on about V-Day mojo, birthdays, and rings.
If you like bourbon, then you’re going to love these. There’s not a ton of bourbon in this recipe, but it’s definitely not shy. Put it this way, you can taste the bourbon, and it pairs beautifully with all of the other elements in this blondie.
Like I said, who needs Cupid when you have these?
The gooey, chocolatey, banana center will have that special someone bowing at your feet.
Check out the romantic Valentine’s recipes the #SundaySupper crew has cooking:
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Breakfasts, Apps & Main Dishes:
- Asparagus, Clam & Bay Shrimp Pasta from Galactopdx
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites from In the Kitchen with KP
- Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni from Curious Cuisiniere
- Fried Heart Pizza from Mooshu Jenne
- Garlic Shrimp Bruschetta from MarocMama
- Green Olive, Goat Cheese & Basil Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Indian Shrimp Pulao from Soni’s Food
- Individual Beef “Phyll-ingtons” from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Crisps from Daily Dish Recipes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Rissóis de Camarão | Portuguese Shrimp Dumplings from Family Foodie
- Spicy Red Cabbage Quiche | Veggie Quiche Recipe from Masala Herb
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Sweet Eats:
- Banana Bourbon Blondies from The Messy Baker
- Banana Cream Napoleon from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Brown Butter Rolo Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies from Damn Delicious
- Cherry Pie Hearts from Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Baumkuchen from Webicurean
- Chocolate Bread Pudding from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Baileys Banana Cream Sauce from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Strawberries from Country Girl in the Village
- Chocolate Mousse from Mom, What’s For Dinner?
- Chocolate Roll filled with Nutella Cream from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Truffles from The Wimpy Vetegarian
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream with Cherry Sauce from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas with Chocolate Sauce from The Roxx Box
- Coconut Sweetheart Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coeur a la Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Mints from Simply Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte from Kelly Bakes
- Deliciously Baked & Festively Glazed Mini-Donuts from Mangoes and Chutney
- #GlutenFree Chocolate Almond Cloudless Cake from Cooking Underwriter
- Heart Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream from Noshing with the Nolands
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candies from Juanita’s Cocina
- Maple-Date Bars from Diabetic Foodie
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Samoa Bundt Cakes from She Likes Ruffles, He Likes Truffles
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake from Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Pistachio and Chocolate Souffle from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Raspberry Custard Tart from Kudos Kitchen
- Raw Fudge Love from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red Velvet French Macarons with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Red Velvet Fudge from What Smells So Good?
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey
- Red Wine Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting from The Urban Mrs.
- Strawberry Shortcake! from The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Valentine Cake Hearts from Ninja Baking
- Tres Leches Tea Cakes with Honey Riesling Soaked Fruit from Neighborfood
- Valentine’s Bakewell Tarts from Happy Baking Days
- Valentines Chocolate Apples from Big Bear’s Wife
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Drinks:
- Blood Orange Vodka Martinis from The Catholic Foodie
- Bloody Raspberry Cocktail from My Cute Bride
- Strawberry Gin Fizz from girlichef
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Tablescape: A Romantic Table For Two Please from An Appealing Plan
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, February 10th to talk all about Valentine’s eats and treats! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!
- 9 tbs. unsalted butter, melted and browned
- 1 banana
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8-by-8-inch square brownie pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the unsalted butter. Simmer until brown and nutty, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly before using.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Whisk in the brown sugar until smooth. Add the slightly cooled brown butter, whisk to combine. Whisk in egg and vanilla extract until incorporated. Whisk in bourbon.
- Stir in flour and salt until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared brownie pan. Sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.