We have a birthday in the house. Sunday Supper turns one today! I have my party hat and party horn ready. Let’s get this party started.
Happy birthday, #SundaySupper! *Blows party horn*
A year ago today, Isabel of Family Foodie started a mission to bring back Sunday supper around the family table. Isabel’s vision quickly swept the internet, gaining recognition and making an impact amongst the blogging community. Each week, like-minded foodies began gathering around her virtual family table to support her mission and join her on her journey to bring families together.
Today we’re celebrating 52 weeks of recipes that have inspired families to gather around the table and make memories. We’re representing the gathering of family, friends, and food by making a dish from one of our fellow #SundaySupper members.
A birthday isn’t complete without ice cream, right? Exactly! I knew you’d have my back on this one.
Back in October, Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic made this very decadent chocolate fudge brownie ice cream that had me drooling all over my keyboard. I knew I had to make it as soon as I saw that scoop of ice cream loaded with chunks of brownies and fudge. Kim is amazing…for a lunatic. Wink! The girl crafts up some delicious grub. Her lasagna soup… Amazeballs! I know because I made it and ate it all. Yup, consumed the entire pot. It was so good. Strings-of-cheese-curling-over-my-lower-lip good.
While I kept the base of the ice cream the same, I decided to change up the add-ins. Since I have a ton of candy left over from Christmas, I decided replace the brownie and fudge chunks with a peanut butter sauce swirl and chopped peanut butter cups. Holy mother of all things chilly, is this ice cream insanely delicious. It’s everything ice cream should be- creamy, decadent, smooth, and rich.
This ice cream is ridiculously easy to make. The recipe doesn’t call for eggs, which eliminates cooking, tempering, and overnight cooling. This method is as close to instant ice cream gratification as you’re going to get, which means less wait time before stuffing ice cream into your face pronto!
Welp, gotta go, because this ice cream is calling my name from the freezer. Enjoy!
Check out what the other #SundaySupper participants are making:
Sunday Supper Appetizers:
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Comfy Cuisine
- So Simple Pizza Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Soups and Breads:
- Lasagna Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup by Webicurean inspired by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup by Damn Delicious inspired by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Noodle Soup by Big Bears Wife inspired by My Catholic Kitchen
- Tomato Florentine Soup by Mama Mommy Mom inspired by The Meltaways
- Chicken Soup with Dumplings by Comfy Cuisine inspired by The Messy Baker
- Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by My Trials in the Kitchen inspired by Damn Delicious
Sunday Supper Main Dishes:
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in Chorizo Sauce by Supper for a Steal inspired by Family Foodie
- (GlutenFree) Chicken Bruschetta by The Meltaways inspired by Family Foodie
- Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew by Kimchi Mom inspired by Family Foodie
- Lentils and Chorizo Stew by Galactosemia in PDX inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Carnitas Pizza w/ Chipotle-Avocado Crema by girlichef inspired by Damn Delicious
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas by Country Girl in the Village inspired by Webicurean
- Drunken Meatballs by Small Wallet Big Appetite inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo by Magnolia Days inspired by Family Foodie
- Dorie’s Chicken-in-the-Pot by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Pulled Pickled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Hoisin Asian Meatballs by Gotta Get Baked inspired by Damn Delicious
- Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes by Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade by Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Burger with Curried Cabbage Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by Soni’s Food
- Corn and Basil Handpies by Curious Cuisiniere inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken by Cupcakes and Kale Chips inspired by The Meltaways
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili by Food Lust People Love inspired by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bigos by Maroc Mama inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by From Fast Food to Fresh Food inspired by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Sweet & Tender Brisket by Daddy Knows Less inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Fish Tacos by Cookistry inspired by Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Homemade Harissa by Masala Herb inspired by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Family Foodie inspired by Kimchi Mom
- New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice by Catholic Foodie inspired by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
- Spice Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Tropical Salsa by The Urban Mrs. inspired by Family Foodie
- Mac n Cheese Cups with Pork Shoulder Ragu by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
Sunday Supper Veggies:
- Carrots au Gratin by Shockingly Delicious inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame, Cilantro & Bacon Bits by The Lovely Pantry inspired bySue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sunday Supper Desserts and Snacks:
- Chocolate Brownie Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Magnolia Days
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas by La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle by Cravings of a Lunatic inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Cherry Tart by Happy Baking Days inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Orange Rolls by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Foodie Army Wife inspired by Fam Friends Food
- Rosettes by Simply Gourmet inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Donut Puffs by Soni’s Food inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cut-out Cookies by Basic and Delicious inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Shortbread Bars by Kelly Bakes inspired by Baker Street
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen inspired by Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by The Messy Baker Blog inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by Ninja Baker inspired by That Skinny Girl Can Bake
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by Vintage Kitchen inspired by girlichef
- Sweet N Spicy Roasted Spiced Nuts by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries by An Appealing Plan inspired by The Messy Baker Blog
Sunday Supper Breakfast Faves:
- Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Budget Friendly Breakfast Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches by In The Kitchen with KP inspired by Big Bear’s Wife
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen inspired by Momma’s Meals
Sunday Supper Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- Peanut Butter Sauce:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs. powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 tbs. milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cocoa powder, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and milk. Whisk until sugars dissolve. Add heavy cream and vanilla and whisk until thick and fluffy, about 3 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the mixture is the consistency of pudding.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and transfer the mixture to the bowl of your ice cream maker. Churn for 15 minutes.
- Add half of the mixture to a bowl. Top with half of the peanut butter sauce and peanut butter cups. Swirl with a knife. Top with remaining ice cream. Swirl in the remaining peanut butter sauce and peanut butter cups. Cover and place in the freezer until completely frozen, about 4 hours.
- Peanut Butter Sauce: In a small bowl, add peanut butter and powdered sugar. Whisk to combine. Whisk in half & half, milk, and vanilla until smooth.