Summertime is my favorite time of the year. There’s an abundance of fresh produce, lazy days spent on the deck with family, and outdoor cooking- my favorite. I enjoy making recipes with fresh herbs grown right in my own garden. Today I made buttery herbed potatoes. They’re light and buttery with a hint of lemon. This recipe is perfect for family barbecues and only takes a few minutes to throw together, and the outcome is delicious.
Mmmm, there’s nothing like using fresh herbs and produce to create the perfect summer side dish. The LAND O LAKES® Olive Oil & Sea Salt butter made the perfect sauce to toss the potatoes in.
I made a light sauce with the Olive Oil & Sea Salt butter, olive oil, lemon juice, capers, garlic, and fresh herbs. It was yummy.
My grandmother and mom stopped by while I was in the process of photographing this dish and, of course, I offered them a taste of the final product. I find it very helpful to get an unbiased opinion of my food. Well, they loved these potatoes. My grandmother said, “You tell LAND O LAKES® that these potatoes are grandmother approved.” Bless her heart. I love that woman. I’m the type of person that will worry about my food until someone tastes it and gives me feedback. I’m always secretly keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that everyone will love my dish. It’s not enough that I like the dish; someone else has to verify that it’s delicious before I actually believe it to be true.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it’s aesthetically pleasing with the vibrant green flecks of fresh herbs and bits of garlic.
I’d like to give a big thank you to LAND O LAKES® for joining the #SundaySupper group in bringing back Sunday supper around the family table and for allowing us to develop a simple and fresh summer recipe with their Olive Oil & Sea Salt butter. I had a blast being creative with your product.
LAND O LAKES® has been so kind as to give all of the #SundaySupper participants a free Olive Oil & Sea Salt coupon to give away to one of their lucky followers. In order to win, please leave a comment telling me what you would make with the LAND O LAKES® butter if you won.
For more chances to win:
Follow LAND O LAKES® on twitter: @LandOLakesKtchn
Follow LAND O LAKES® on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LandOLakes
Follow me on twitter: @messybakerblog
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/themessybakerblog
Don’t forget to leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so.
Make sure you check out the other talented foodies Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Linguini with Clam Sauce by The Pig and the Fig
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter byThe Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- Empanadas by The Primlani Kitchen
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken with Butter Sauce and Fresh Veggies by BG Garden
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
Buttery Herbed Potatoes
1 1/2 lbs. baby yukon gold potatoes
4 tbs. LAND O LAKES® Olive Oil & Sea Salt butter
1 tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tbs. capers
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, add the potatoes and fill with water until potatoes are just covered. Bring to a boil and let cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and cut potatoes in half.
Heat a large saucepan. Add the butter and olive oil. When the butter is melted, add the garlic, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Saute for 3 minutes until the sauce has reduced some. Add the cooked potatoes, chopped dill, and chopped parsley. Toss to coat and let cook for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Best served warm. Enjoy!