Well, hello November. It’s so nice to see you, even if you arrived sooner than expected. Thanksgiving is only 15 days away. Fifteen! Wasn’t it just August and warm? Now it’s blustery and cold and almost mitten season.
I have a very special treat for you guys today. My friend An from Bakerstreet and Lora from Cake Duchess invited me to participate in #BundtAMonth. What’s #BundtAMonth? It’s an entire month dedicated to bundt cakes, of course. An and Lora pick an ingredient and announce it the first week of every month. If you’re a bundt lover, all you have to do is use the ingredient to create a delicious bundt, mini or large, and link it up to An and Lora’s blogs throughout the month. Fun, right? A month that celebrates cake- I don’t mind if I do.
This month’s theme is Spicy November. I chose apple pie spice and made a maple pecan bundt with a maple and apple pie spice glaze.
This cake has everything. Moist? Check. Filling? Check. Maple and apple pie spice glaze? Check and check. I made this cake for my mom’s birthday and it was devoured by her party guests.
What makes this cake so special is the sweet, nutty filling. Pecans, brown sugar, maple, and butter create a dense filling that livens up the cake.
Make sure you check out the other spicy bundts:
- Apple Bundt Cake with an Attitude by Deb | Knitstamatic
- Blueberry Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Anuradha | Baker Street
- Cardamom Bundt Cake with Saffron Cream by Paula | Vintage Kitchen
- Cinnamon Crown Bundt Cake by Renee | Magnolia Days
- Ginger Pear Bundt Cake by Holly | A Baker’s House
- Gingerbread Apple Cake by Lora | Cake Duchess
- Gram’s Fig Spice Bundt Cake with Buttermilk Glaze by Stacy | Food Lust People Love
- Italian Anise Bundt Cake by Karen | In The Kitchen with KP
- Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake by Alice | Hip Foodie Mom
- Moroccan Inspired Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Ras El Hanout by Laura | The Spiced Life
- Nutmeg Bundt Cake by Dorothy | Shockingly Delicious
- Peach and Roasted Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Sugar by Kim |Cravings Of A Lunatic
- Spiced Dark Chocolate with Cinnamon Glaze by Kate | Food Babbles
- Spicy Chocolate Bourbon Bundt Cake by Carrie | Poet In The Pantry
- Caramel Apple Spice Bundt Cake by Kate | Diethood
- Pecan Filling:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1½ cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. apple pie spice
- 9 tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs. fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour your bundt pan.
- Pecan Filling:
- In a small bowl, add flour and butter. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the flour until coarse crumbs form. Mix in apple pie spice, pecans, and maple syrup until well combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and apple pie spice. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in color.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour and beat until just combined.
- Beat in the sour cream. Scrap down the sides of the bowl and make sure the mixture is well mixed. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon a little more than half the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Take your spatula and create a shallow well, causing some of the batter to go up the sides of the pan to create a rim. This well will house the pecan filling and prevent it from leaking and sticking to the sides of the pan.
- Spoon the maple filling carefully into the well , then cover the filling with the remaining batter. Smooth the top and bake for 35-40. Test the cake with a toothpick where it hits the cake and not the filling (as the filling will stick to your tester).
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 15-30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, lemon juice, powdered sugar, and apple pie spice.
- Drizzle the warm cake with the maple glaze.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…