Are you ready to get festive? I hope so, because we’re throwing a Cinco de Mayo blog party. The lovely Anita from Hungry Couple was nice enough to invite me to a food blogging group that celebrates the holidays with delicious recipes. Today we’re sharing our favorite Mexican recipes for Cinco de Mayo.
I hope you like cheese. I mean, who doesn’t? It’s only the best thing on the face of the earth. To celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I made a big ol’ bowl of creamy queso blanco full of spicy peppers.
It’s cheese. It’s dip. It’s cheese dip!
In my world, the phrase “too much cheese” doesn’t exist. The cheesier, the better.
This dip is extremely easy to make. Sauté the peppers, add the cheese and milk, and stir until melted and gooey–only 10 minutes to cheesy bliss!
If you’re making this dip for a party, I recommend keeping it warm in a crockpot so it stays melted and creamy…or you can serve right away and eat the entire bowl by yourself. I like to offer options.
If you really want to throw a Cinco de Mayo party, then I suggest pairing this dip with a cold Corona or frozen margarita. It’s a must, really!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Check out the other Cinco de Mayo recipes:
1. Alfajores from Roxana’s Home Baking
2. Spicy Fish Tacos with Avocado Yogurt Sauce from Crumb Blog
3. Classic Flan from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
4. Dulce de Leche Milkshake with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream from Chocolate Moosey
5. Lime Margerita Bars from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
6. Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche from Magnolia Days
7. Tropical Fiesta Cocktail from Hungry Couple NYC
8. Paletas – Mexican Popsicles from Pineapple and Coconut
9. Bizcochitos Cookies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
10. Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes from Gotta Get Baked
11. Vegan Taco Salad from What Smells So Good
12. Gluten Free Tres Leches Cake from Kelly Bakes
13. Spicy Queso Blanco from The Messy Baker
14. Gorditas with Picadillo from Juanita’s Cocina
15. Strawberry Margerita Slurpee from Chocolate Chocolate and More
- 1 tbs. canola oil
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup poblano pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz. white cheddar
- 8 oz. habanero or pepper jack cheese
- 4 dashes of Tabasco
- Salt & Pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Heat the canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, poblano pepper, red pepper, and jalapeño. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions and peppers soften, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and stir in the milk. Heat the milk for 2 minutes to warm through. Slowly stir in the cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted and the queso is smooth. Add Tabasco and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or transfer to a crockpot set on low to keep warm.