As you read this post, I’ll be on a plane flying to Charleston, South Carolina. Squirrel and I are taking a week long foodie vacation. I booked this trip in the spring as a graduation present to myself. An entire week of food…now that’s my kind of vacation!
I wanted to leave you with something sweet and warm to keep you cozy while I’m away. I combined two of my favorite snacks to create a very decadent sip-able treat. How does milk chocolate peanut butter hot chocolate sound?
This warm treat tastes just like a melted Reese’s cup. Basically, it’s a peanut butter cup in drinkable form. Say what!
This recipe makes enough hot chocolate to fill a large mug. Top with mini marshmallows to make it extra special. Extra mallows for me, please!
After one sip of this warm treat, and you’ll never go back to the powdered version. I don’t get adding water to powdered chocolate. Yeah, there’s powdered milk in the packets, but it’s just not as good as the real thing. Am I right?
I want thick, creamy moo juice!
Guys, this is so stinkin’ easy to make. Here’s how it’s done:
- Simmer milk and cream until hot to the touch and steaming.
- Add in your chocolate and stir until smooth and melted.
- Stir in peanut butter until just melted.
- Pour the mixture into a big ol’ mug.
- Top with mini mallows and enjoy.
You’ll be sipping on sweet chocolate peanut butter perfection in no time.
While you’re sipping on this sweet beverage, I’ll be doing a food crawl in Charleston.
Don’t worry, I’m not going to leave you hanging while I’m gone. I have Kayle of The Cooking Actress stopping by on Tuesday to provide you lovelies with a delicious treat, and I scheduled a healthy treat for you on Thursday. When I get back, I promise to overwhelm you with photos from our trip. If you just can’t make it until I get back, feel free to stalk my trip on instagram. It’ll be like you’re traveling with me.
Now, I have to go stalk Pinterest so I can get my outfits together for Charleston. See you next week!
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- Bring milk and cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat (do not boil).
- When the milk begins to steam, add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until just melted.
- Pour into a large mug. Top with mini marshmallows.