Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie ~ #SundaySupper #ChooseDreams
Frozen bananas, protein-packed peanut butter, creamy Greek yogurt, and fiber-filled oats get blended together to create a thick and creamy peanut butter banana oat smoothie.
I’ve been quite the smoothie addict lately. With the abundance of fresh fruit available, it’s hard not to be.
I’m known for being over zealous at the farmer’s market. I tend to load up my market bag with every single fruit the vendors have to offer. A week later, the fruit is looking a little sad and I’m trying to figure out a way to use the fruit I so badly had to have before it goes to waste.
Smoothies are the perfect vessel for fresh or wilted fruit alike. I make a smoothie when I’m running late for work, craving a sweet snack, or to add a boost of protein before my morning trail ride through the woods.
This week, the #SundaySupper crew is partnering with AmFam to bring you healthy recipes to fuel you on the go.
This peanut butter banana smoothie has been my go-to smoothie for the last few weeks. Peanut butter and banana is the ultimate flavor combo, so it only made sense to swirl it together to create a frothy smoothie. It’s thick, filling, and tastes like dessert.
I used creamy peanut butter and Greek yogurt to give this smoothie a boost of protein. The added protein will keep you full and energized.
I always use frozen bananas in my smoothies. They create a thick, creamy smoothie without diluting flavor. One banana is packed with 422 mg of potassium.
I also added a tablespoon of old-fashioned oats and a teaspoon of flaxseed meal. Both ingredients add a healthy dose of fiber, while the flaxseed meal adds essential omega-3 fatty acids.
What you’re getting is a healthy, protein and fiber packed smoothie that will fuel your workouts or act as a quick meal when you’re too busy to cook.
Since this smoothie tastes like a shake, you won’t even know it’s healthy for you.
For more healthy dishes, check out AmFam’s Healthy & Fit Pinterest Board for more inspiration. To learn more about AmFam, You can follow them on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, and their website.
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie
A thick and creamy combination of frozen bananas, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, oats, and flaxseed meal.
Yield: 1 (10-ounce) Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 frozen banana
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
1/3 cup milk (cow, soy, or almond)
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of your blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Check out the other healthy and fit #SundaySupper Recipes:
Get Up and Go Power Breakfasts
- Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie by The Foodie Army Wife
- Avocado Tomato and Feta Toast with Poached Eggs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie by The Messy Baker
Salads and Healthy Snacks
- Cherry Kale Panzanella by Jelly Toast
- Watermelon Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing by Runner’s Tales
- Southwestern Chicken Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars by Magnolia Days
Healthy Fit Lifestyle Dinners
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa by Foxes Love Lemons
- Blueberry Pork Chops by MealDiva
- Individual Grilled Veggie Pizzas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Almond Cashew Chicken by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Quinoa Bowls with Grilled Vegetables and Corn Salsa by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Pasta by Momma’s Meals
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Chicken Spinach Quinoa and Brown Rice by Family Foodie
- Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Popsicles by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry Quinoa Cobbler by Run DMT
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.