Peach Butter Muffins

It’s Monday, which means it’s time to celebrate with muffins for #MuffinMonday. We were given an orange marmalade muffin recipe this week, and I adapted the recipe so I could use my homemade peach butter that I made last week. These muffins are moist, and they’re extra delicious when you slather them with butter and homemade peach butter.

When I get a hankering for something, I don’t like to wait for it- I want it NOW! Not in 4 hours. Not the next day. Now! I’m all about instant gratification, and muffins are just that. Mix. Bake. Eat. The entire process takes about 30 minutes. There’s nothing better than a homemade muffin to satisfy a craving.

The peach butter and buttermilk aid in the moist texture of this muffin.

If you’re unable to find peach butter, or don’t have the time to make it, you can use peach jam or preserves in its place.

I almost forgot to mention, these muffins are loaded with chunks of fresh peaches. Yum!

Happy #MuffinMonday!

Peach Butter Muffins

2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peach butter or peach preserves
6 tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 tbs. peach schnapps or brandy
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup peach chunks, fresh or canned

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins.

In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.

In a medium-sized bowl, add buttermilk, peach butter or preserves, sugar, melted butter, peach schnapps, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk until smooth. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold to combine. Fold in peach chunks.

Fill the prepared muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.

27 Responses to “Peach Butter Muffins”

CCU — August 27, 2012 at 4:35 am

These muffins are the height of gorgeous :D
    You genius, i want these for breakfast!

shannon — August 27, 2012 at 7:06 am

jennie; can i just tell you that Muffin Mondays are a GREAT idea. because you and i are muffin twins right now: it’s all i want to make. I don’t know what happened; all the sudden i started thinking about fall and poof: muffins appeared.

i LOVE these peach muffins; SO CUTE! and peach butter is one of my favorite things ever; there’s a little old lady who makes fruit butters at the farmer’s market i go to and peach is one of her best ones. also, you totally get extra points for baking these in what looks to be tiny upside-down circus tents. i LOVE IT.

• Jennie replied August 28th, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Muffins are the best, aren’t that? I’m down for any cakey goodness that only takes 30 minutes to whip up. Fall promises good things for muffins. Like pumpkin. Weeee!

Renee — August 27, 2012 at 7:08 am

What lovely muffins! I am in love with the recipe and those great muffin cups.

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 27, 2012 at 10:03 am

I love your adaption of this week’s muffin Monday! I’m game for anything filled with peaches. And your liners are supercute!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — August 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

Yum, I love how you used your homemade peach butter to make these!

Kristina — August 27, 2012 at 10:34 am

hahaha sounds just like me :) I just ate a blueberry muffin…. from a box this morning haha , thats how quick I would like it! These look fabulous Jennie! Cute little muffin wrappers too!

Carla — August 27, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Putting that peach butter to good use!! Wonderful for breakfast

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets — August 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Ooh boy, those muffins look delightful. I find nothing wrong with instant gratification. Especially when it comes to muffins. Yum.

Russell at Chasing Delicious — August 27, 2012 at 7:32 pm

These muffins sound scrumptious! And such cute little cups they’re in.

jillian — August 27, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Those muffin liners are so cute! I love adding peach schnapps for extra flavor too. It makes such a difference.

Cecilia — August 27, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Am I missing something? There’s no peach butter in your recipe.

• Jennie replied August 28th, 2012 at 7:06 am

You weren’t missing anything, Cecilia. I knew I was forgetting something as I was writing the recipes, and it was the peach butter. I read and reread that recipe, and still missed it. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I feel like I owe you a muffin.

movita beaucoup — August 28, 2012 at 5:47 am

I haven’t had breakfast yet. I’m sitting here with a mug of coffee and I find this post in my google reader. I DON’T HAVE BUTTERMILK OR PEACHES IN THE HOUSE! What are you doing to me?

Thankfully, those pretty baking cups are almost enough to make me forgive you.

• Jennie replied August 28th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

It’s my mission to tease you and ruin your morning coffee ;) To make up for it, I can hand deliver some. I’m desperately in need of a vacation anyway.

Diane — August 28, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Definitely making these today, yum !!!

Jenn and Seth — August 28, 2012 at 1:01 pm

these sound seriously delicious, and i adore those muffin cups! so adorable!

Anita at Hungry Couple — August 28, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Yes, I would like some peachy muffins, please.

Terra — August 28, 2012 at 11:26 pm

You are sneaky, you added peach schnapps too! I like the way you think! I so agree, muffins are fun to make, and so easy to mix up. Your recipe sounds delicious! Hugs, Terra

Stacy — August 29, 2012 at 2:33 am

I am with you on muffins! Nothing faster or more adaptable. These look wonderful and the addition of peach butter? Brilliant.

Stacy

amy @ fearless homemaker — August 29, 2012 at 9:43 am

Yum, these look amazing!

CJ at Food Stories — August 29, 2012 at 10:11 am

I love muffins, too, and these are perfect to add to my collection :-)

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — August 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Wow, these peach muffins look irresistible! I would LOVE these for breakfast, but I don’t think I’d stop eating them til lunch, heh. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — August 29, 2012 at 7:13 pm

You had me at peach butter! Also… LOVE those muffin cups. Too cute.

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking — August 30, 2012 at 11:17 pm

These muffins sounds so good, I love the addition of homemade peach butter. Homemade is always the best!

1. Pingback: Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins