I know what you’re thinking, “Jennie, do you know how many times I’ve seen the word best associated with chocolate chip cookies?” I know, but these really are the best chocolate chips cookies I’ve ever sunk my teeth into. How do I know this? Because I’ve baked and tested several different recipes and this is the only one that bakes up soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. I call that cookie perfection. They’re so good that I’ve been eating them around the clock.
These cookies are delicious dunked in an ice cold glass of milk or paired with a piping hot cup of slightly sweetened tea. They’re delicious for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a midnight snack.
Dear Santa, I’m sorry to say this, but I don’t think I want to share these cookies with you this year, despite what the tag may say.
My pants are fitting a bit tight these days. I suppose it’s the extra junk in the trunk. Hmm, I wonder if my extra junk has anything to do with all of the cookies I’ve been consuming? I’m going with the dryer shrunk my clothes. Yup, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
‘Tis the season to eat all the cookies you want without a shred of guilt! Happy holidays.
- 10 tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- In a small bowl, add flour, kosher salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars and cooled butter. Whisk in vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk.
- Fold the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop the dough onto the lined cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Store the cookie dough in the refrigerator between batches.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.