Sponsor Spotlight ~ Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls from The Cooking Actress

Apparently, I have a huge crush on Kayle from The Cooking Actress… or is it her long list of cookie recipes? Either way, I love the girl and her extensive list of drool-worthy cookie recipes.

I had a major craving for cookies this past weekend. Like, I needed cookies in my mouth ASAP! Have you ever experienced a craving so strong that it consumed your thoughts for hours, days, weeks? I get them all the time. It’s like needing a new handbag or pair of heels; you think about it constantly, pacing around the living room until you break down and buy the damn bag. That’s what happened over the weekend. My cookies thoughts were relentless. What’s a girl to do in this situation but break out the whisk and get to whipping.

This craving ran deep. Store-bought cookies weren’t even an option. Call me a cookie snob, but I needed soft, gooey, homemade cookies. I needed these chocolate cookie dough ball cookies.

Kayle created something special when she came up with this recipe. I swear, the cookie tastes just like your eating raw cookie dough from a spoon. You can have your cookie dough and eat it, too. It’s genius!

I called my mom while I was gathering the ingredients to make these cookies. As I was talking to her, I mentioned that I was getting ready to make a new cookie recipe.

“Cookies? Ugh, aren’t you tired of cookies?” She said, sounding absolutely appalled.

People, I almost fainted. Okay, that’s an exaggeration; but, seriously, is that even possible?

I said, “Yeah, I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that… for Kayle’s sake.”

Tired of cookies? Psht!  I love the woman, but she’s crazy.

If you’re having a major cookie craving that requires homemade, gooey cookies, you’ll want to make these. Enjoy!

If you want to be like me and stalk Kayle, you can find her on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

20 Responses to “Sponsor Spotlight ~ Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls from The Cooking Actress”

CCU — January 23, 2013 at 4:47 am

Mmmm what a delish sponsor spotlight my friend :D
    These look fantastic!

CCU

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — January 23, 2013 at 7:35 am

I love you too :D

And my mom is a weirdo lame-o who thinks you can get tired of cookies too WHAAA! NO SUCH THIIING!

Renee — January 23, 2013 at 9:01 am

Tired of cookies? I’ve never heard of such a thing. I’ll take fresh baked cookies like this any day.

• Jennie replied January 23rd, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I knew I liked you, Renee.

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — January 23, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Awww, I have a huge girl crush on Kayle too…and an even bigger foodie crush on her amazing recipes. And I don’t think there will ever be a moment in my life where I’ll be tired of cookies. Word.

• Jennie replied January 23rd, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I agree, Nancy. Tired of cookies, psht.

Anita at Hungry Couple — January 23, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Sometimes I get tired of cookies…but it wears off after a few minutes. :) I love Kayle and her cookies!

• Jennie replied January 23rd, 2013 at 9:22 pm

It always wears off, Anita. Thank you.

Ruby @ The Ruby Red Apron — January 23, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Hi Jennie, I saw your recipe at Kayle’s blog and had to run over here. You two are cookie geniuses! :D

• Jennie replied January 23rd, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hi, Ruby! Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comments.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — January 23, 2013 at 3:56 pm

i love cookie dough. and i love cookies. and you and Kayle are such sweethearts – both of your blogs are so fabulous!

• Jennie replied January 23rd, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Thank you so much, Sally. I adore your blog, too.

Kim@Treats & Trinkets — January 23, 2013 at 4:23 pm

For shame on your mom. Tired of cookies. Like that could ever happen.

• Jennie replied January 23rd, 2013 at 9:22 pm

My feelings exactly, Kim. It can’t. I truly believe it could never happen. It’s absolutely impossible.

Jenn and Seth — January 23, 2013 at 10:58 pm

when i get a craving for something i absolutely can’t stop thinking about it until i finally have to break down and make the fricken cookies already…and now i want these so so so bad…

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — January 24, 2013 at 7:10 am

Kayle is so cute and sweet, like these cookies! Love your spotlights of each other!

Laura Dembowski — January 24, 2013 at 8:54 pm

These cookies look incredible! So thick and gooey! Sometimes a craving just has to be given in to. I love Kayle and her blog too. And she led me to your blog:)

Anna (Hidden Ponies) — February 1, 2013 at 12:35 am

I can’t imagine getting tired of cookies! Funny, my husband was just talking about a cookie that tastes just like cookie dough and how he wanted one – I’ll have to try these!

Sarah O. — February 5, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Am I the only person who doesn’t know the difference between the taste of a baked cookie and the taste of cookie dough? Anyway, these look fantastic.