Count Down to 5k!

Today marks exactly 1 month until my very first 5k. I’m both nervous and excited. I fear tripping over a log and falling to my death, left cold and alone on the ground for the zombies to feast on. I have zombie-bait nightmares where I wake up in a cold sweat gnawing on my own arm. Bizarre, I know.

I also picture myself being so overwhelmed with fear that I black out and kung fu kick a zombie. I’m guessing that this is frowned upon, but there’s no telling what’s going to happen once my adrenaline kicks in during the race. Watch out, zombies, I’m unpredictable. Swarm at your own risk.

I know I haven’t posted a running update in a few weeks, but time hasn’t been on my side. Frankly, I need more of it. Anyone have any time I can borrow? I didn’t think so. I’ll just have to work with what I’ve got.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, so I’ve been taking advantage of it by pounding the pavement under the beautiful blue sky. I’m still running just under 3 miles, and I’m praying that will change before race day. Let’s just say that I’ll be working diligently for the next 29 days.

Even Maddox (my dog) is loving this weather. After my run, I stop by the house and grab him for my cool down. He’s usually waiting impatiently at the door with his leash on the floor next to him. He loves going for walks.

Keep on pounding that pavement!

8 Responses to “Count Down to 5k!”

Anita at Hungry Couple — September 28, 2012 at 7:42 am

You just keep kicking the crap out of those zombies, girl. Love the doggie. :)

Cheryl Schneider — September 28, 2012 at 7:43 am

As long as you stay in front of Mike and Lyss you should be safe from the zombies, they haven’t been training. Mike say’s “i’ve got this”, LOL,. Zombie bait!

CCU — September 28, 2012 at 8:36 am

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO (sorry acting as a personal virtual cheerleader ;)

amy @ fearless homemaker — September 28, 2012 at 10:34 am

You are going to do just wonderful on your first 5K – i can feel it! And I’ll make sure to put some zombie bait in the opposite direction that you’re running – that’ll distract ‘em + keep ‘em away from you. =)

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — September 28, 2012 at 10:38 am

You’ll be up to 3 miles in no time! Yay for nice weather to run in! I’ve been so excited to not be stuck inside (or outside sweating to death!)! Oh, and I love your dog! :)

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets — September 28, 2012 at 11:10 am

If you find that time dealer, lemme know. I could use some too. You won’t be zombie bait, I know it. Because I’m all powerful like that. Plus, you’re too awesome for that!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — September 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm

You’ll do wonderfully! Just continue to work hard. You’ll power right through it! It will fly by :)

kale — September 28, 2012 at 7:18 pm

good for you! so inspiring!

and sure, the image of you gnawing on your own arm is scary… but you’re clearly dedicated to the project! ;)