Healthy Strawberry-Pineapple Cheesecake Popsicles
It’s officially ice cream weather. It went from 70 degrees and breezy to 90 degrees and muggy over night. That’s Maryland weather for ya. My hair is in a perpetual state of what I call the frizzed-out fro. It’s a good look, you should try it some time (insert sarcasm here).
Ice cream season happens to be my very favorite season. I’ll take any excuse to shovel over-size spoonfuls of velvety ice cream into my mouth. A girl’s gotta stay cool, right? At least that’s what I tell myself so I don’t feel guilty.
Popsicles are perfect for this hot summer weather, and I happened to make guilt-free popsicles–even better! You can lick all you want without an ounce of regret. You can even eat two, if you like. I mean, it is scorching outside.
Go ahead, treat yourself.
You’ll need some popsicle molds for this recipe. I purchased these molds from Amazon a few weeks ago, and I adore them. They slip right out of the mold with a showering of warm water.
These popsicles are insanely simple to make, and oh so delicious.
The nice folks at Chobani recently mailed me enough Greek yogurt to feed an army. It’s a good thing, too, because I adore their yogurt. I always have a container of their plain Greek yogurt stored in my fridge for baking, and their non-fat and low-fat cups swirled with fruit for snacking– pineapple is my absolute favorite! Their yogurt is thick, creamy, and velvety smooth. It’s perfect if you want to lighten up a recipe, which is what I did with these popsicles.
I healthified the cheesecake center by using a combination of reduced-fat cream cheese and Chobani pineapple Greek yogurt. It’s so smooth and creamy.
I bake with Chobani every chance I get. I love that it lightens up a recipe while still keeping it decadent and scrumptious.
These popsicles combine the sweet flavors of strawberry and pineapple with the creaminess of cheesecake. They’re so good!
Want to give Chobani a try? Well, you’re in luck. Chobani was kind enough to provide me with a case of their assorted 6 oz. cups to give away to one lucky winner.
***The giveaway is for one case of Chobani assorted 6 oz. cups. The giveaway is for U.S. Residents only and will run from Wednesday, June 5th to 6:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, June 11th. The winner will be chosen at random drawl and will be notified via email. The winner will have 2 days to respond before another winner is chosen.
Required entry: What is your favorite Chobani flavor?
That’s 7 chances to win. Make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry.
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled
- 4 oz. fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tbs. water
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 3 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, at room-temperature
- 1-5.3 oz. cup of Chobani pineapple Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs. pineapple juice
- In a saucepan, add strawberries, pineapple, sugar, and water. Cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Transfer the mixture to a heat-proof bowl and cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour the strawberry-pineapple mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Using a handheld mixer, blend until smooth. Add the yogurt, vanilla extract, and pineapple juice; blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the strawberry-pineapple mixture into the popsicle molds. Then pour in a layer of the cheesecake mixture. Top with the strawberry-pineapple mixture. Insert the sticks and place in the freezer. Freeze until the popsicles are completely solid, about 4 hours.
- Run warm water over the mold until the popsicle slides out. Enjoy!