Peach Pie Milkshake ~ #IceCreamWeek
Thick, creamy peach pie milkshake made with juicy peaches, vanilla ice cream, snickerdoodle cookies, and a kiss of cinnamon. This shake is summer in a glass.
Welcome to Day 4 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year, the event is hosted by Kim ofCravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to make satisfy all your Ice Cream Cravings.
Today we’re going to talk about peaches. More specifically, about peach pie milkshakes.
Have you noticed a lack of trend around here? I’m referring, of course, to the lack of peach recipes on the blog this summer. My obsession with cherries and other berries this year has overpowered my love for the peach, causing a shortage of peach recipes and an abundance of berry recipes.
My berry obsession knows no limits this year. I’ve been packing them into muffins, like these blueberry lemon poppy seed muffins or these gluten-free strawberry coconut muffins. If you’re looking for a more indulgent recipe, try these cherry chocolate chip cupcakes.
All berries. No peach.
I expect some finger wagging on your end.
I hope this peach pie milkshake recipe makes up for my blunder.
This shake is no ordinary shake. Oh no, this shake is special. My goal was to create a milk shake that tasted just like peach pie, only you slurp it through a straw instead of using a fork.
The secret…snickerdoodle cookies. Particularly, these snickerdoodle cookies.
Yup, you heard right.
The thick, cinnamon-coated cookie adds that classic pie flavor to this shake.
This shake couldn’t be easier to make. Dump all of your shake ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. You can make your shake as thick as you like by adjusting the milk. I prefer a super thick shake, so I use less milk.
The juicer your peach, the less milk you’ll need.
See those two milk bottles in the picture? Well, I had no choice but to enjoy those for lunch the other day after their photography shoot. Just one of the perks that comes along with the job. Let’s not talk about the extra mile I had to run because of my lack of willpower, m’kay?
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing andQuarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs (one winner takes all):
- One Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Peach Pie Milkshake
Peach pie in the form of a cold, frothy shake.
Yield: 1 milkshake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 large peach, peeled and pitted
6 scoops of ice cream
1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
1 regular-sized or 1/2 a giant-sized snickerdoodle cookie
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon
Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Add extra milk, if desired.
Be sure to stop by all of today’s Ice Cream Week participants:
- Ice Cream Float by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Maple Bacon Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Coffee and Donuts Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate with Buttercream Icing Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Dulce de Leche and Pecan Sundae by My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Split Finger Sandwiches by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Chunk Ice Cream by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chocolate Mint Frappe by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Lemon Mint Frozen Custard by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Oreo Ice Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peach Pie Milkshake by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Vodka Float by Mind Over Batter
- Coconut Cream Fudge Bars by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- How to Make an Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Soda by Mother Would Know
- No Churn Low Carb Mint Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Disclosure: This event was sponsored by several vendors. All opinions are my own.