Peach Pie Milkshake ~ #IceCreamWeek

Thick, creamy peach pie milkshake made with juicy peaches, vanilla ice cream, snickerdoodle cookies, and a kiss of cinnamon. This shake is summer in a glass.

Peach Pie Milkshake made with Snickerdoodle Cookies | www.themessybakerblog.com

Welcome to Day 4 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year, the event is hosted by Kim ofCravings of a Lunatic and Susan of  The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to make satisfy all your Ice Cream Cravings.

Today we’re going to talk about peaches. More specifically, about peach pie milkshakes.

Have you noticed a lack of trend around here? I’m referring, of course, to the lack of peach recipes on the blog this summer. My obsession with cherries and other berries this year has overpowered my love for the peach, causing a shortage of peach recipes and an abundance of berry recipes.

Peach Pie Milkshake made with Snickerdoodle Cookies | www.themessybakerblog.com

My berry obsession knows no limits this year. I’ve been packing them into muffins, like these blueberry lemon poppy seed muffins or these gluten-free strawberry coconut muffins. If you’re looking for a more indulgent recipe, try these cherry chocolate chip cupcakes.

All berries. No peach.

I expect some finger wagging on your end.

Peach Pie Milkshake made with Snickerdoodle Cookies | www.themessybakerblog.com

I hope this peach pie milkshake recipe makes up for my blunder.

This shake is no ordinary shake. Oh no, this shake is special. My goal was to create a milk shake that tasted just like peach pie, only you slurp it through a straw instead of using a fork.

Peach Pie Milkshake made with Snickerdoodle Cookies | www.themessybakerblog.com

The secret…snickerdoodle cookies. Particularly, these snickerdoodle cookies.

Yup, you heard right.

The thick, cinnamon-coated cookie adds that classic pie flavor to this shake.

Peach Pie Milkshake made with Snickerdoodle Cookies | www.themessybakerblog.com

This shake couldn’t be easier to make. Dump all of your shake ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. You can make your shake as thick as you like by adjusting the milk. I prefer a super thick shake, so I use less milk.

The juicer your peach, the less milk you’ll need.

Peach Pie Milkshake made with Snickerdoodle Cookies | www.themessybakerblog.com

See those two milk bottles in the picture? Well, I had no choice but to enjoy those for lunch the other day after their photography shoot. Just one of the perks that comes along with the job. Let’s not talk about the extra mile I had to run because of my lack of willpower, m’kay?

Peach Pie Milkshake made with Snickerdoodle Cookies | www.themessybakerblog.com

Happy slurping!

Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing andQuarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!

Here’s what is up for grabs (one winner takes all):

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Print Print Save Save

Peach Pie Milkshake

Peach pie in the form of a cold, frothy shake.

Yield: 1 milkshake

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 0 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1 large peach, peeled and pitted

6 scoops of ice cream

1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)

1 regular-sized or 1/2 a giant-sized snickerdoodle cookie

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

pinch of cinnamon

Directions:

Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Add extra milk, if desired.

Be sure to stop by all of today’s Ice Cream Week participants:

Disclosure: This event was sponsored by several vendors. All opinions are my own.

24 Responses to “Peach Pie Milkshake ~ #IceCreamWeek”

Laura Dembowski — August 21, 2014 at 8:39 am

I don’t have tons of peach recipe on the blog this summer but it’s because ice been eating them all. Oops! I’m going to have to make an exception for this milkshake though. It looks too good!

Choc Chip Uru — August 21, 2014 at 9:28 am

Definitely wouldn’t mind a nice big slurp from your milkshake, it looks divine :D

Julia — August 21, 2014 at 11:24 am

I want to bathe in it!!!! UGH the melty, creamy, peachy deliciousness! I love ice cream week like whoa!

Kim@Treats & Trinkets — August 21, 2014 at 11:47 am

You mean you didn’t save the second milkshake for me? *sad face*

I’m not wagging my finger; I’m too busy drooling. This looks so GOOD

Liz — August 21, 2014 at 12:08 pm

These definitely look slurpable! As a huge fan of peaches and peach pie, I’d be happy to help you dispose of your next batch! Right into my stomach :)

Elizabeth — August 21, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Definitely gonna have to make these!! =]

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — August 21, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Holy shizz, Jennie! That’s the best milkshake I’ve ever seen in my life (no exaggeration). You’ve more than made up for the lack of peach recipes in these here parts. Brilliant move on using the snickerdoodle cookie to replicate the pie crust flavour. And girl, these photos are just so beautiful. You’ve been slaying me with all of your gorgeous photography lately!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — August 21, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Oh wow I was completely sold when you said there are snickerdoodle cookies in this

Hezzi-D — August 21, 2014 at 9:40 pm

What a fun flavored milkshake! Peaches are in season here for sure!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — August 21, 2014 at 11:50 pm

BEST WEEK EVER!!! Yay for holding onto the best bites of summer :)

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com — August 22, 2014 at 9:19 am

A lover of all things peach and pastry and cream, I know a peach pie milkshake would be my ruin!

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures — August 22, 2014 at 9:42 am

Definitely worth a little longer run!

Nicole~Cooking for Keeps — August 22, 2014 at 10:19 pm

I can drink peach pie?? Heck ya!

Jessica — August 23, 2014 at 12:16 pm

These look delicious! And throwing a snickerdoodle cookie straight into the milkshake? Brilliant!! I’ll have to make one of these to celebrate the last few weeks of summer.

Tara — August 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I want that milkshake badly. It looks divine and I love the milk bottles, what a great idea!!

Athena — August 26, 2014 at 3:37 am

Yum! I have to try this before peach season ends ;)

1. Pingback: Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream #IceCreamWeek - Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks

2. Pingback: Cherry Cola Floats | Cravings of a Lunatic

3. Pingback: Flourless Chocolate Almond Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches - Cupcakes & Kale Chips

4. Pingback: Coffee and Donuts Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker

5. Pingback: Maple Bacon Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

6. Pingback: No Churn Low Carb Mint Ice Cream #IceCreamWeek - Yours and Mine ARE Ours

7. Pingback: Mind Over Batter - Strawberry Vodka Float #IceCreamWeek