Two Cocktails, One Day!

Today is a special day. Why is it so special, you ask? Because I have two fabulous cocktail posts for you today. Exciting, right?

I’ve been a cocktail making and blog posting machine, lately. Both Jen from Juanita’s Cocina and Heidi from Young Grasshopper asked me to guest post while they’re out doing their thang and, of course, I excitedly said yes to them both. I hope your having fun, ladies.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with Heidi or her site, but she’s amazing. If you need a cocktail recipe, Heidi’s your gal. She’s the cocktail queen. She’s also the brains behind Barfly, a site dedicated solely to alcoholic beverages. Can I get a heck yes? In honor of Heidi and our love for cocktails, I made a grilled peach bourbon old-fashioned. It’s delicious. Strong, but delicious.

This drink isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s a good, strong cocktail made for sippin’.

Want the recipe? Heidi’s featuring this delicious cocktail on her site today, and it just so happens that it’s Thirsty Thursday. Go visit Heidi, get the recipe, and relax the old-fashioned way.

Can you guess what I made for Jen? A cocktail, but not just any cocktail, a lime-in-the-coconut margarita. It’s mind-blowing! It’s a combination of a margarita and pina colada. It’s sweet, tart, and coconuty (yes, I know that’s not a word, but I’m sticking with it).

Did I just hear the word lush? Well, I have to admit, I do enjoy a good cocktail. However, I have a two cocktail limit because, face it, I’m old now and can’t handle hangovers. Did I just hear the word wimp? Man, ya’ll are harsh. Just kidding. I’m a total wimp- no shame here.

I met Jen back in December when I launched my blog. She is absolutely awesome and funny as heck. 1. She lives in Texas, and I happen to love the good ol’ state of Texas. 2. She makes a lot of Mexican cuisine, and I love me some tacos. 3. She squealed when I told her I was making a margarita for her guest post. I truly believe that Jen is my foodie soulmate.

Go on over and visit Jen for the lime-in-the-coconut margarita recipe. I’m sure she’s over there drinking a margarita on the deck singing, “Put the lime in the coconut, you drank them both up.”

13 Responses to “Two Cocktails, One Day!”

Jen @ Juanita's Cocina — June 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

Dear soulmate,

Thank you for guest posting your fabulous coconuty (I think it’s a word) drink for me today. You are awesome!

Jen

mommasmeals — June 28, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Looking great ladies……….I want to sip away now!!!!!!

Choc Chip Uru — June 29, 2012 at 7:01 am

Just popping by to let you know that I have awarded you the One Lovely Blogger Award :D
    Much deserved and congratulations my friend!
    Check it out here: http://gobakeyourself.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/heres-smore-irony/

• Jennie replied June 29th, 2012 at 8:33 am

Woo hoo! Thank you, Uru! I am so honored. You’re the best.

Peggy — June 29, 2012 at 8:56 am

Both drinks sounds so delicious and refreshing!

CJ at Food Stories — June 29, 2012 at 10:18 am

Beautiful pics …. Heading over to their sites now :-)

Anita at Hungry Couple — June 29, 2012 at 10:48 am

I love both Jen and Heidi’s sites…and I’ve been known to make an occasional cocktail. ;) Now if we could just move both ladies closer together….and closer to me, we’d have a great meal together! Heading over to their sites now.

Kelly — June 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Mmm yes please! Those cocktails look amazing, might need to start my Friday early! :)

Baker Street — June 30, 2012 at 2:49 am

Oh my! You have me craving some of your grilled peach bourbon cocktail now!!

Kate @ Kate from Scratch — June 30, 2012 at 9:10 am

Oh well, hello there beautiful refreshing cocktails. Perfection! So light and perfect for summer.

chicago foodie girl — June 30, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Oooh, that grilled peach bourbon cocktail looks AMAZING!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — July 1, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I don’t usually like bourbon, but that grilled peach cocktail looks amazing! As does that margarita!!

1. Pingback: Cocktails and a Cure Needed