I’m gonna get down and dirty and get straight to the point. I’m a snacker!
I like to snack throughout the day. I nibble when I’m at the computer at work, in-between patients, during class, and, yes, when I’m bored. Now, I’m not proud of it, but I do
occasionally frequently snack when I’m bored. I try to snack on healthy things, like fruit, yogurt, nutella almond bars, or these no-bake peanut butter energy bites (which happen to be amazing and famous) by Amy from Fearless Homemaker.
I really do try to snack healthy, but some days require these salted chocolate hazelnut cookies (which are amaze balls good) by Shannon from A Periodic Table or these brown butter chocolate chip cookies (talk about addictive) by Kayle from The Cooking Actress. You know the days; The ones where you stub your newly pedicured toe on a rock and it swells to twice the size and you can’t get it to stop bleeding and you’re forced to wear flip flops in 40 degree weather because you were too busy talking instead of paying attention to where you were going. Yeah, those days. They require more than just a healthy snack. They require a big ol’ fat cookie that says you’re going to make it through the day.
I made peanut butter snickers rice crispy treats to add to the list of feel-better snacks, and they’re doing a mighty fine job coaxing my left middle toe back to health (yup, I was that dummy who ran right into a rock).
Crispy rice cereal gets coated with a generous drizzle of gooey peanut butter marshmallow sauce. If that doesn’t make your mouth water, I don’t what will.
I tossed in a heaping handful of chopped snickers bars, chopped peanuts, and mini marshmallows. It took every ounce of will power not to devour the pan before photographing it.
I just took snacking to the next level and, technically, since these bars are made with rice cereal, they can be considered breakfast. Technically.
Well, hello sexy rice crispy treat, with your mini marshmallow studs and chopped snickers bar pieces. I don’t mind if I do.
Enjoy snacking on these!
- Marshmallow Sauce
- 6 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1-10.5 oz bag marshmallows
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Crispy Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 5 Snickers bars, chopped
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Chocolate Drizzle
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. half & half
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Add Rice Krispies to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Add the peanut butter halfway through the melting process and stir until smooth.
- Fold the marshmallow mixture into the cereal, then fold in mini marshmallows, chopped Snickers, and chopped peanuts.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Over a double boiler, melt peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, butter, and half & half until smooth. Drizzle over the Krispie treats.
- Allow the treats to set before cutting into squares.