Double #IceCreamWeek Trouble!

Oh no, we’re nearing the end of #icecreamweek! I’m going to be sad to see it go, but there’s always next year.

Because I love ya, and because I’m sad that this very sweet, very chilly week is nearing its end, I’m going to share two chilly treats with you. That’s right, two!

You may remember that I did a guest post for Noelle from Homemaker Chic back in June. I made pineapple coconut ice cream for that post, and today I’m going to share the recipe with you here on my site.

My mom happens to be obsessed with this ice cream and has been begging me to make some more and deliver it to her. What do I look like? The ice cream truck?

I can see why she’s obsessed with this ice cream. It is Deeelish!

The second frozen treat is a s’mores milkshake. It’s a milkshake that tastes just like a s’more! I think I may even like it better than a s’more because I get to slurp it. And, no sticky fingers.

What makes this milkshake so special is the toasted marshmallows and toasted marshmallow syrup that get added to the ice cream. It’s so stinkn’ good.

Don’t forget to visit my #icecreamweek counterparts, Jen from Juanita’s Cocina and Carla from Chocolate Moosey, to see what chilly treats they have for you today.

Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream

3/4 cup whole milk

3/4 cup coconut milk

1/4 cup sugar

Pinch of salt

5 egg yolks

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup pineapple juice

1 tsp. coconut extract

1 (8 ounce ) can crushed pineapple, drained of all juice

1/3 cup shredded coconut

Instructions:

In a medium sauce pan on medium low heat, add whole milk, coconut milk, and sugar. Whisk to combine. Let the mixture simmer until hot but not boiling, whisking occasionally.

In a medium bowl, add egg yolks and whisk. Once the milk mixture is hot, temper the yolks by adding a small amount of the milk mixture at a time, whisking constantly. Return the mixture to the sauce pan and cook until thickened, about 5-7 minutes, whisking occasionally.

In a large bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, pineapple juice, and coconut extract. Whisk to combine. When the milk mixture has thickened, strain and add to the condensed milk mixture, whisking to combine. Store the mixture in the refrigerator overnight until completely chilled.

Once the mixture has chilled completely, add it to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Right before the ice cream is finished churning, add the shredded coconut and crushed pineapple. Store in an airtight container and place in the freezer until firm, about 4 hours. Top with toasted coconut flakes and enjoy.

S’mores Milkshake

2 cups rocky road ice cream, about 4 generous scoops

1 graham cracker, broken up into quarters

2 tbs. chocolate chips

1 tbs. toasted marshmallow syrup (optional, but totally yummy)

3 marshmallows, toasted

1/4 cup milk

Turn on the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place marshmallows on the baking sheet and place the sheet under the broiler. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Warning, do not take your eye off of the marshmallows! They can and will catch on fire if you leave them under the broiler for too long. If you have a gas stove, feel free to toast your marshmallows over the gas flame.

In the bowl of a blender, add chocolate chips, graham cracker, toasted marshmallows, syrup, ice cream, and milk. Blend until smooth. Add more milk or ice cream depending on how thick you like your shake. Enjoy!

19 Responses to “Double #IceCreamWeek Trouble!”

Baker Street — July 19, 2012 at 7:18 am

Oh god! I think I’d like to start my day with the smore milkshake and end it with that delicious ice cream! Love the idea of toasted coconut on top!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — July 19, 2012 at 7:39 am

I wants that s’mores milkshake! Rocky Road + Toasted Marshmallows + Grahams=Kayle happy time. YUMMMMYY!

Renee — July 19, 2012 at 8:03 am

I can almost taste the coconut pineapple ice cream now. Sounds so yummy.

Carla — July 19, 2012 at 8:52 am

Oh a bonus! I love love love toasted marshmallows. I’m going to leave work and maketooth now. I’m sure my boss will understand ;)

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets — July 19, 2012 at 8:53 am

I don’t know about *better* that a s’more (blasphemy!), but that milkshake is still pretty darned good.

I hereby dub thee the queen of milkshakes!

Donna — July 19, 2012 at 9:24 am

The coconut ice cream sounds great. And now there is no need for a campfire to enjoy a s’mores!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — July 19, 2012 at 9:51 am

Oh man. I want that S’mores milkshake!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — July 19, 2012 at 9:54 am

Happy Day #5!

Are you sad it’s almost over? I am! *boo*

Nicole @ The Daily Dish — July 19, 2012 at 10:00 am

Oh my goodness girlfriend, that looks DELICIOUS! Both of them. I’m not sure which one I want more.
    I totally cracked up at your statement “What do I look like? The Ice cream Truck?” haha Uhm… this week you kinda do. Well, actually you really don’t because your ice cream treats are FAR better than anything we get from our ice cream truck. Just sayin’.
    Another fantastic ice cream post and I love a good two-fer. Now, to decide which one I want more….

Cindys Recipes — July 19, 2012 at 11:15 am

I’m getting my fat pants out right now! actually that’s a compliment ;)

Susan — July 19, 2012 at 11:22 am

Jennie, I love your pictures! They are so gorgeous and they just want to make me dive right into those ice creams!

Sunithi — July 19, 2012 at 11:47 am

Love anything coconut related and this sounds like a frozen pina colada !! yumm !! The shake is yummy too. Love the pics ! BTW am contributing a roasted banana coconut ice cream to your #Icecreamweek ! Seems like am catching your ice cream fever :) D!! Post live tomorrow !

Kate | Food Babbles — July 19, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I love both of these! I especially love the pineapple coconut ice cream. That sounds amazing! I am going to be sad to see ice cream week go too :( You made so many lovely things!

Kim Bee — July 20, 2012 at 12:56 am

This is too much for me. You girls are killing me this week. Then I come here and you have two beauties for us. Pure evil, that’s what you are. And I totally love evil. Especially when it comes with ice cream.

stacysaurus — July 20, 2012 at 2:08 am

I love pineapple coconut ice cream and have always wanted to make it. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe! Just one (stupid) question… did you use the canned coconut milk? Or was it coconut milk like you find in the dairy section?

CCU — July 20, 2012 at 5:13 am

For the life of me, I do not know which one is more delicious :D
    What a week!

CJ at Food Stories — July 20, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Mmmm … gotta love a twofer :-)

1. Pingback: Espresso Balsamic Caramel ~ Day #5 of #IceCreamWeek! | Juanita's Cocina

2. Pingback: Ice Cream Recipe Round-up | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen