Sponsor Spotlight: Kayle from The Cooking Actress

Do y’all know Kayle? Well, you’re about to. She’s the creative genius behind The Cooking Actress, and she happens to be one of my favorite foodie friends. I’ve known Kayle since I started this blog last December, and she welcomed me with open arms. Not only is she a food blogger, but she’s an actress. That’s right, I know a celebrity! How cool is that?

This girl sure knows how to rock a whisk, and she loves her some cookies. I counted 25 recipes with the word “cookie” in it. Twenty five! In honor of Kayle’s love of cookies, I decided to make and feature her Browned Butter Dark Chocolate & Marshmallow cookies. Can you say yum balls!

Kayle resides in New York, where she lives with her boyfriend (lucky guy), running a very delicious cooking blog and pursuing her acting career. I plan on visiting New York after graduation, and you bet I’ll be meeting up with Kayle to gallivant around New York and eat everything in sight.

I had a very difficult time trying to decide what recipe of Kayle’s I wanted to feature. Everything the girl makes had me drooling. How could a girl choose between whole wheat cinnamon swirl bread, brown butter macaroni and cheese (this one is on my to-make list), chocolate chip cookie dough balls (drool), and s’mores creme brûlée (OMG)!

It was hard!

The dough for these cookies is indescribably delicious, and I almost didn’t have any left in order to bake these cookies. The brown butter is the star of this delicious dough, and it’s what makes it irresistible. I sat there with a spoon and shoveled it into my mouth. Heck with the threat of salmonella poisoning; I didn’t care, because this dough was too good to resist, and at that point, contracting salmonella poisoning didn’t scare me.

The baked cookie was just as good as the dough. They were soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside (a perfect cookie, in my opinion) and studded with dark chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. The best part about these cookies, besides the fact that they’re made with brown butter, is the way the mallows caramelize and toast up in the oven, creating a gooey cookie center. Yum!

Kayle knew what she was doing when she created this irresistible cookie.

Want the recipe? You know you do. Visit Kayle over at The Cooking Actress to get this recipe, along with all her other delicious and creative recipes.

25 Responses to “Sponsor Spotlight: Kayle from The Cooking Actress”

CCU — October 16, 2012 at 6:57 am

Awwww you and Kayle are going to have a blast together my friend, such a sweet post :D
    And perfectly delicious to match her cookie-ness!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — October 16, 2012 at 7:11 am

Awwwww! I lurve you. And you totally get what makes these cookies so amazing.

Also I cannot wait for you to graduate and come visit me!!!

Baker Street — October 16, 2012 at 7:48 am

Wow! The cookies sound incredible. I love Kayle’s blog and her recipes are simply amazing. :)

Family Foodie — October 16, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I love Kayle’s blog too! I think she would be perfect for our #sundaysupper movement! Great recipe.

• Jennie replied October 16th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Isabel, I think Kayle would be a perfect addition to our wonderful #SundaySupper group. What do you say, Kayle?

• Kayle (The Cooking Actress) replied October 16th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Hm. I’d never thought about it before, I shall need to investigate further what all is required and such! :)

• Jennie replied October 17th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

The group is amazing, and you’ll feel right at home. Trust me, you’ll love it.

The Wimpy Vegetarian — October 16, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Wow these look amazing!! I love your AND Kayle’s blog!!

• Jennie replied October 16th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Thank you so much! I’m so glad you enjoy our blogs; it really means a lot.

Baker Bettie — October 16, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Gah I love you both! You two are adorable and these cookies are amazing. I know, I’ve made them before too :) Pictures are gorgeous!

• Jennie replied October 16th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Thanks, Bettie. I adore your blog, as well! The cookies didn’t last long in this house.

Carrie@ Bakeaholic Mama — October 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I need these cookies in my life! They look scrumptious!

Susan — October 16, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Hey Miss! You better visit me too when you graduate, because I will never. And I mean, never forgive you for that! :-)

p.s. I love Kayle, and those cookies look ahmazing.

Anita at Hungry Couple — October 17, 2012 at 6:32 am

Yay for Kayle! If you’re visiting Kayle and visiting Susan you better be visiting me, too! And bring these cookies… ;)

• Jennie replied October 17th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

So, the three of you (Anita, Susan, and Kayle) all live in NY, so, obviously, we have to have a blogger’s night out. Cocktails, dessert, the whole 9 yards. This is going to be epic!

Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out — October 17, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I love Kayle and love seeing her featured over here! :-)

• Jennie replied October 17th, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Thanks, Stephie. I’m a huge Kayle fan, too.

Kristina — October 19, 2012 at 10:47 am

Yay Kayle!! Haha she is the queen of cookies. I swear. I’m still drooling over her cookies and cream cookies. Love your post Jenni!

Meghan — October 25, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Great post Jennie! Kayle’s blog is fantastic and so are these cookies! I could go for a few right now!