It’s time for another Holiday Food Blog Party. Fourth of July is right around the corner, and we’re here to help you plan your celebratory menu. I made a delicious and summery sparkling pineapple upside-down cake martini.
Bust out the red, white, and blue. Get your sparklers ready. Start your grills. And set up the corn hole tables, because it’s time to party!
I know I say this a lot, but I believe it to be true: you can’t have a party without a cocktail. Am I right?
This cocktail was born from a desperate attempt to create something on the fly after a particularly hard day at work. I hadn’t been to the grocery lately, so I had to get creative with the very little resources I had stocked in my pantry. Lucky for me, I was gifted a bottle of cake vodka for my graduation. Every single person bought me a bottle of booze. What does that say about me?
Vodka–check! Hmm, I could drink it straight up, but that’s not my style. I’m more of a shake and stir kind of gal. Oooh, I know. I think I have a can of pineapples in my pantry. Score!
Click. Dump. What else? Believe it or not, I just made this vanilla coffee syrup (how lucky).
Sip. Yup, it’s good, but it needs something else… Bubbles!
And that’s how this cocktail was born.
This may have been a last minute cocktail, but it’s one of the tastiest cocktails I’ve ever created. The homemade vanilla coffee syrup boosted the vanilla flavor of the cake vodka I used–so good!
I added a dash of maraschino cherry juice to give it that classic upside down cake flavor. Oh, does it taste just like the real deal. Summer in a glass! Enjoy.
Check out the other Fourth of July recipes:
1. Berry Cheesecake Crumb Tart from Hungry Couple NYC
2. California Burgers from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
3. 4th of July Ice Cream Cones from Roxana’s Home Baking
4. Red, White & Blueberry Parfaits from Cravings of a Lunatic
5. Red, White & Blue Deviled Eggs from Created by Diane
6. Summer Berry Pizza from Magnolia Days
7. Sparkling Pineapple Cake Martini from The Messy Baker
8. Red, White & Bleu Mac ‘N Cheese from Juanita’s Cocina
9. Red, White & Blue Vanilla Bean Spritzers from Pineapple and Coconut
10. Red, White & Blue S’mores Pies from Big Bears Wife
11. Lemon Raspberry Sugarless Cookies from What Smells so Good
12. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Squares from Chocolate Moosey
13. Berry Trifle from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
14. Watermelon Mojito Ice Pops from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- 1 ounce cake vodka
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- ½ tablespoon vanilla syrup
- ½ tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- club soda
- In a shaker, add vodka, pineapple juice, vanilla syrup, maraschino cherry juice, and lime juice. Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Pour over ice and add club soda to taste. Garnish with maraschino cherries, lime, and a slice of pineapple.